2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that is just showing off

Looks like fun :beer:
That is the waterfall in front of the v notch. I couldn't get up unless I went way high. Good thing Rex is long or I would have been winching. ;)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
My buddy Tim (beautiful coilovered blue YJ) was out there with you guys and posted over on CO4x4. Looks like a great day!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
This will sound stupid, but how is it that you are able to stop and go like that on the rocks, if 4 lo, and particularily an atlas, is stronger than the brakes? Do you have to put it in neutral when you want to stay put?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
It is. There are two trails, Chinaman's Gulch and Carnage Canyon. Chinaman's is for mortals, Carnage is for T-Rex and the other Uber-Rigs, buggies, etc. As a buddy said once after we winched & strapped his basically annihilated TJ back out of Carnage..."DAMN!!!"

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This will sound stupid, but how is it that you are able to stop and go like that on the rocks, if 4 lo, and particularily an atlas, is stronger than the brakes? Do you have to put it in neutral when you want to stay put?
I have a 5:1 t-case. Shifter is in low on the tranny. Driving two footed does it. I have oversized brakes so braking can hold it while idling or even giving a bit of gas. I couldn't hold it with smaller brakes.

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is. There are two trails, Chinaman's Gulch and Carnage Canyon. Chinaman's is for mortals, Carnage is for T-Rex and the other Uber-Rigs, buggies, etc. As a buddy said once after we winched & strapped his basically annihilated TJ back out of Carnage..."DAMN!!!"

Yeah. Last year the white jk in the pics tried it. At the time he had a 6" TF lift with 37's on a rubi. On carnage he busted an axle, both bumpers, two fenders, the a pillar, two tires, one rim. Took like 12 hours to get him out.

Now he has D60s and runs 40's. His rig is going up to TNT in a couple weeks for a new lift (the TF lift mounts hang down really low under the axle. TNT is going to build one of their designs for the 2 door), also new Al armor and bumpers, and a stretch.

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here are a couple of videos made by Matt. Kinda fun. Rex does ok as does Rod's XJ.

This one is coming up the waterfall before the v-notch. This was the hardest obstacle. The waterfall is 10 or so feet tall. It was wet and I couldn't crawl it. This was the last try. I had told the guys that if I didn't make I was going to winch next. I made it. ��

Extreme Jeep Wranger (JK) Unlimted 4x4 climb- Carnage Canyon (HD) - YouTube

Here is another vid of Rex crawling the exit.

BAMF Jeep Wranger (JK) crawling the exit! - Carnage Canyon (HD) - YouTube

Here is a vid of Rod in his XJ doing the exit
Jeep Cherokee XJ climbing the unthinkable - Carnage Canyon (HD) - YouTube

Here Rod is doing the v-notch. Even though he flopped, no real damage.
Jeep Cherokee (XJ) flops and keeps on driving - Carnage Canyon (HD) - YouTube

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rex has Ford F-450 Brakes front and rear,

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
That would destroy my poor little Jeep, but thanks for posting up...great pics and awesome looking trail:beer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts