JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw some Carling Contura switches with pre-printed legends (Front Locker, Rear Locker, Rock Lights, etc) on them, but cannot for the life of me find them again.

Anyone know who offers Contura switches with the pre-printed legends?

Thanks

·
Registered
962 Posts
I recently saw some Carling Contura switches with pre-printed legends (Front Locker, Rear Locker, Rock Lights, etc) on them, but cannot for the life of me find them again.

Anyone know who offers Contura switches with the pre-printed legends?

Thanks
I scoured the net for two weeks looking for the same thing and never came across what you have recently seen. Try this link, maybe this is it? The legend link is dead, but there is a pic of them.

The trouble is you have to order minimum quantities from Carling to get any logos on them. That's why I made my own, in this thread.
I had a nice logo done as a .dxf file, but Corel Draw didn't like it so i decided to just go with printed words.

Try here for Carling switches with some logos (no lockers:bawling:), and blank rockers.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try here for Carling switches with some logos (no lockers:bawling:), and blank rockers.
Just spoke to them and they will have locker ones later this month. You can most probably just buy the covers from them if you already have switches.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Just spoke to them and they will have locker ones later this month. You can most probably just buy the covers from them if you already have switches.
Yeah, the rockers are easily replacable, you just have to have the little tool. They pop right off.
Good news that they're going to have locker symbols soon. I may have to replace mine depending on what they look like and if they have two windows in them.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
good find!
I was looking through the Carling catalog and they also have a TCS icon for Traction Control Systems, sounds like a good option for an ESP disable switch.:mr-t:

·
Registered
962 Posts
good find!
I was looking through the Carling catalog and they also have a TCS icon for Traction Control Systems, sounds like a good option for an ESP disable switch.:mr-t:
LOL, speaking of which....

I'm getting my front pinion bearing thingy replaced this Sat at the dealer and my service guy told me there is new software (Starscan flash) now that is supposed to work in the 07's to disable the ESP. He's going to try mine, hopefully it will work....

·
Registered
962 Posts
You might have also been thinking of 4x4mods.com but I really don't recommend their switches. Very cheap, none of mine light up after like a month, and one was broken within two months and was only ever switched on twice.
I have read the same thing on numerous forums, bad switches, terrible customer service, even product that was not delivered. Steer clear of these guys.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You might have also been thinking of 4x4mods.com but I really don't recommend their switches. Very cheap, none of mine light up after like a month, and one was broken within two months and was only ever switched on twice.
No, it was definitely Carling switches. I've heard the same thing about 4x4mods. Funny enough I contacted them a few years ago a couple of times and never got any response from them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a Spod in my jeep excellent a little pricey but, excellent construction great service and excellent install and it looks factory.

http://www.4x4s-pod.com/

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Damn....$435.00 for switches...I don't know about you guys, but I wasn't born on the mid-watch...:shaking:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Damn....$435.00 for switches...I don't know about you guys, but I wasn't born on the mid-watch...:shaking:
Yeah, it's a little pricey, but it's a whole system, not just switches. For what you get it's really not that bad. I've got that much and more just in interconnects for my home theater.........if it's what you need and/or want, price becomes a non-issue sometimes:)

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Yeah, it's a little pricey, but it's a whole system, not just switches. For what you get it's really not that bad. I've got that much and more just in interconnects for my home theater.........if it's what you need and/or want, price becomes a non-issue sometimes:)
Well then, if price isn't an issue, may I interest you in a box of ten of these lovely French skins....

Only $198.00 + shipping....your sig other will love you for it...more then your JK will....

View attachment 1578

·
Registered
962 Posts
Well then, if price isn't an issue, may I interest you in a box of ten of these lovely French skins....

Only $198.00 + shipping....your sig other will love you for it...more then your JK will....

View attachment 1578
I'm not seeing the connection between these and switches.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts