Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
click free...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Looks good, just get ya a piano hinge, some outdoor carpet and spray adhesive from Home Depot and your good to go. Ive been wanting to do something like this but with some sheet metal that would bolt in.

·
Registered
931 Posts
looks very nice. would like to see it finished and installed. :beer:

·
Registered
125 Posts
looks very nice. would like to see it finished and installed. :beer:
i too would love to see it installed...at this point, even without the carpet, just to see how well it fits in there. i've been looking at building a cover back there, but havent figured out exactly how i want to attach it to the side rails of the jeep...not sure why i overlooked doing something like this. thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep in mind I measure one, eye ball it and go to work.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I did something similar but not so high (wanted to line up with subwoofer box). I anchored it from inside to the bed and cut it very snug to the tailgate so it can't be lifted up without opening tailgate. Now the tailgate is basically the door to the interior of box. Easily removed in >5 min. Covered in matching grey carpet. More jeepers should be making these things up rather than the expense of the aftermarket boxes!! Great mod!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
any updates pics? how many sheets of plywood did you use?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any updates pics? how many sheets of plywood did you use?
Nope still just riding back there. One of these days i am going to a speaker store and have it covered.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cargo box pics added

Ok I got all the wood from houses being built in my hood, no not stealing the left over piles. Prolly about 2 sheets of ply wood around 20 feet of 2x4. the only money i spent was $48.96 at O'Reillys for carpet and glue. Thanks DrPhil for asking it got my but off the couch. :usa:

·
Registered
125 Posts
well it looks good, buddy...now i just need to get motivated and make mine! lol

·
Registered
931 Posts
looks very good.... making my wheels in my head turn about doing one myself... :beer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts