JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figgered, with all the soft top threads going on right now, how about another?? :beer:

So my Jeep came with the hard top and soft tops. It's the first Jeep (and hence, the first soft top) I've owned. I'm probably going to sell the hard top as the Jeep isn't my only vehicle and the top sits around consuming space in my garage....and that cash can be used for upgrades.

With that said, I'd like to care for the soft top to make it last as long as possible in the crazy Colorado climate. How do I take care of it, and what steps can I take, to make it last as long as possible? I know it will eventually meet its maker, but I'd at least like to take good care of it before I plunk down for another one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just use a good mix of car wash and clean water. Forget about trying to avoid scratches on the windows. No matter what I have tried it seems to just happen. I am sure that you could buy some type of scratch remover but just replace it if it gets too bad.

Mopar makes a window/back window protective bag that uses separate compartments (like a drum cymbal bag with dividers between each). Again, dirt and dust will collect no matter what so just be sensible where and how you store the side and back windows.

Now for treating the bird crap that is a part of nature, if you get a stain try a convertible top cleaning solution. I used some of that stuff back when my old convertible got egged by a bunch of punk kids. Took out all of the discoloration left over by the acid in the egg yoke.

Make sure you coat the zippers with beeswax to keep hard rain from seeping in and clean the drip rails on all rubber seals from time to time. DO NOT USE ARMAROL!!! Its has alcohol and will dry out the fabric eventually causing cracking.

That's about it! - Sean OCD about his Jeep.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts