JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been gone for a while. I still occasionally lurk here but the jeep has been down for 6 months getting the front end re-built and some other fun items.

I have a favor to ask...
Does anyone in the Tucson area have a auto trailer I can borrow/rent or know where to rent one (other than Uhaul), I need to haul my LJ up to Phoenix next week to a shop. I am towing with a F-150, max tow package and trailer brake.

·
Mechanic
1,068 Posts
damn man - wish i could help - sold my trailer about a year ago. believe it or not always had good luck with the uhaul haulers.

what are you getting done to the LJ?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I busted my front axle and Rocky Road outfitters high steer kit around Christmas. So I took on a major fab job, cut off all the brackest, sleeved it, trussed it, C gussets, 30/30 spline cromo shafts, new currie brackets, johnnie joint UCA bushing, etc. All that went well.

Its when I was trying to set up my high steer set up with only 3.5" lift where it started running into issues. I had nothing to baseline because of that shitty RRO high steer kit. So I have a twisted pitman arm, teraflex high steer knuckle, 7075 1.75" aluminum drag link and tie rod both running HD Heims.

What I am having LETZROLL Offroad up in Mesa do is build me a new trac bar, with a double sheer mount frame side because mine doesnt work anymore. Then he is going to cut down my 7075 tie rod and drag link (they are slightly to long), and then work out the alingment & fitment issues I am having to run my high steer.

I was all good until I got to the very end, I dont have the fab skills to figure this out in a timely manner. The jeep has been down since before Christmas. I am ready for it to be done.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since its been down I have done a lot of work on top of the whole front axle build up. 1.5" MM lift, 1.25" body lift, Saavy aluminum belly up kit, and a few other things here and there.

I am so ready to have my jeep back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts