JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm wondering if someone can help me... A couple years ago my husband sold his Willys wagon and really regrets it. We've called the guy we sold it to but the number no longer works. We know he sold it but we would really like to track it down. Is there any way to do it? All I really have is the license plate number...

I'd really love to buy it back for him!

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to post in chit chat but I don't want him to see my post lol we sorta know a girl who works at DMV but would it be illegal for her to give us that info?

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
I was going to post in chit chat but I don't want him to see my post lol we sorta know a girl who works at DMV but would it be illegal for her to give us that info?
MY ex works ( worked?) for the DMV here in Texas. I won't say that she did or did not ever do that kind of thing but your friend certainly can if she wants to. Not saying that she will but you could always ask her.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
DMV (and other state agencies) audit access / queries. Unless your friend is a colored transexual with a criminal history, no breaks will be given when the great purple-shirted one pulls the lever on their employment in response to recreational queries. There's a bazillion companies online that will give you owner details based on a license plate. You just have to pay a few bucks.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
DMV (and other state agencies) audit access / queries. Unless your friend is a colored transexual with a criminal history, no breaks will be given when the great purple-shirted one pulls the lever on their employment in response to recreational queries. There's a bazillion companies online that will give you owner details based on a license plate. You just have to pay a few bucks.
What he said-

Most states won't give you the info but they will sell it to a third party who will then sell it to you for a slight markup😲

Another route would be find an insurance agent who can run it. I have heard they can go with "oops I had a typo on the inquiry"....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone!

There's a red / tan one down here I see all the time. I'm not sure the year, but it has a split windshield and looks to be unmodified.
Where are you located? Do you have a picture? Our neighbor had one for a while and I went over there trying to buy it for his birthday last year but they said they were only storing it for someone.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
Thanks everyone!

Where are you located? Do you have a picture? Our neighbor had one for a while and I went over there trying to buy it for his birthday last year but they said they were only storing it for someone.
Roseville / Granite Bay. I'll see if I can snoop a photo w/ plate. I see it all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.