JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been looking for this bumper for a while and cant find it. Hopefully somebody know who makes it. If you do please post :bounce:

Attachments

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I belive it is Australian. They have a law that there can not be that gap between the bumper and the fender and something about th lights being out on the ends of the bumper. I think they just added a bull bar

At least i think is was australia :confused:

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Funny thing though, noticed that pic you have the steering wheel is on the left side. Don't Austrailians have there wheel on the right? must have been somebody that had the bumper imported I guess

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you guys think that going to a US Jeep dealership they can get me one of those?

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
well, first thing would be finding out if that bumper cover will work with your metal bumper frame. I would think it would.

If that is the case then you will only need to order the plastic bumper cover. For a U.S. OEM bumper cover bought here I belive is between $300 and $400 for the cover (depending on if fog lights and tow hooks).

Thing is you would probably need to purchase it from someplace overseas and have it imported or locate somebody that can import it and sell it to you here. Cost would make it cheaper to just buy Steel aftermarket bumper. I do not belive you could get it from a U.S. dealer and avoid the shipping.

If you really like it and it is worth it to you it can be done, just a matter of $$$ and research time.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Most folks don't think this bumper even looks good (according to previous threads I've read about it elsewhere). The only thing it has going for it, (not obvious in the OP photo) is that it doubles as a park bench. Look for a profile picture.

or look at this one:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does look like a park bench. I guess i only had one pic of it and it didnt look that bad. Now from the other points of view is very dissapointing. Thanks guys. Ill keep looking for something more agressive, i just dont want something to heavy and end up putting more money on it. Not that i dont want to but the wife started to get jealous. Yall know how they get.:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I do like how it flows into the fenders but jeeze you could serve a buffet from that thing!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yup that is a UK/Europe spec bumper, if you want one I have one sitting in my workshop, but I think the shipping cost would be a bit high.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Speaking of bumpers, has anyone seen the MOPAR steel front bumper with the cutouts for the OEM fogs?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Speaking of bumpers, has anyone seen the MOPAR steel front bumper with the cutouts for the OEM fogs?
I saw pictures of it taken at the MOPAR display at EJS. Looks great except for those plastic covers over the crush cans.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of this bumper? Is it winch compatible also? I would be interested as I want these features and air bag compatibility.
The air bag sensor isn't in the bumper. It's in the frame crumple zone. Changing the bumper out doesn't change air bag deployment, AFAIK.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Guess I need some education, what are the crush cans for? I thought they had something to do with the air bags? If not then shrockworks is getting a call for a new bumper...
The crush cans are there to allow for some impact (i.e. hitting a large rock while crawling at very low speed) without deploying the airbag. Without the crush cans, impact is immediately transfered to the structural components that do have the airbag sensors. If that impact is sufficient to deploy the bags, you've just had a very expensive day. :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
The crush cans are there to allow for some impact (i.e. hitting a large rock while crawling at very low speed) without deploying the airbag. Without the crush cans, impact is immediately transfered to the structural components that do have the airbag sensors. If that impact is sufficient to deploy the bags, you've just had a very expensive day. :D
Yikes... Anyway to turn the airbags off when wheeling?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts