JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well have been searching and searching and can't make up my mind. I have a 2012 JKU rubicon auto with 4:11's and am in the market for a decent lift would like to run 35's or 37's. Have stopped and got quotes from a couple diff shops 4wheel parts and HC4x4. Any other shops I should look into in the denver metro area. Have been quoted prices for a Rubicon express and a Aev lift so far was told the RK kit squeaks when asked about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated would like to not have to redo it down the road.

· Premium Member
4,720 Posts
I don't know if Boulder is to far to go but those guys build real rigs and should be able to set you up right. Filthy motor sports, is their name and they may be able to build you a custom set up cheaper then the other guys off the shelf bolt in stuff.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea that was the first person I have heard say that. And he is also the person who offered the Aev kit. But if I do the 2.5 aev and want to upgrade I end up having to purchase a whole new lift kit to do so.

· Registered
50 Posts
The Old Man Emu 4inch kit is EPIC!

I'm running it now with 35's and will eventually go 37's. Comes with EVERYTHING you need, other than exhaust spacers or front drive shaft.
I have been really impressed with how solid this kit is. Drives better than stock

Good luck with your decision

· Registered
36 Posts
I ran the teraflex 2.5" on my 2door with 35s and i am currently running their 3" linch and flat flares with 37s on my unlimited, No complaint here. I have their control arms as well and they are nice and quiet. They have great customer service as well.

· The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
That is BS about RK squeaking. I can't stand it when people lie to sell a product. Good on you for getting a second opinion.

Tera-Flex makes a nice system too and they are awesome to work with. My only complaint is that they don't include a track bar with their 2.5 systems and you need one.

Here's Rock Krawler's 2.5 system on my 2012 JKU with 35" Toyos.

For 37s I'd go with a 3.5 to 4 inch kit. ;)

Marcus

· Registered
1,083 Posts
I installed the RK 2.5 Max Travel, then decided I wanted to step up a little bit. I swapped the 2.5 coils for the 3.5 coils, adjusted my front JKS discos, RK LCAs, and trackbar and I was in good shape. Can't do that with most lift kits.

My Jeep has been squeaking its ass off but I finally replaced my bent rear axle flanges and no more chirping.

· Premium Member
5,696 Posts
The RK lifts seem to be pretty nice. I was out today with a buddy who runs a 3 link and he was very quiet on the trail even when fully flexing his shit. We have a 3 link RK kit ready to install on another unlimited too here shortly.

Changing all the control arm joints out to Johnny Joints makes a huge difference. The flex increases big time and having no rubber bushings to dry out helps to keep it pretty quiet. I will say though that most lifts do make a little noise here and there. I run a 4" Currie lift and am very happy with it. Running all JJ's too and the flex is great for a short arm lift.

I recommend looking into the RK or Currie lifts. Both are good quality products made by first class companies. One thing both companies leave to be desired are zerk fittings. If you get either lift kit, go out and buy the highest quality zerk fitting you can get. The ones supplied with the kits suck ass and either break when greasing or leak like crazy.

And if you go RK, give Marcus a call at River City Offroad. He's super knowledgeable with the RK systems and has really great prices too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.