JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Any one have a good solution for carrying a canoe on the roof ^ I would like to find a way with no drilling is needed ? any one ? thanks!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Until I recently removed my AEV tire carrier I had very good luck with a simple windshield light bar, and a homemade 3/4 inch pipe support for the rear. The rear support was bolted to the top of the AEV carrier.

I've also used the front light bar and a rear "bed extender" like this one, only assembled to make it taller.

The foam blocks on a hardtop might work as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have one of those hitch bracket ( it was made for my dodge ram easy to mod! ) But I forgot to mention I have a 50'' led light bar in my window...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kongo Cage

Hi! Any one have a good solution for carrying a canoe on the roof ^ I would like to find a way with no drilling is needed ? any one ? thanks!
I've been using a Cargo Master Kongo Cage with Yakima rack system to carry two Kayaks works great . No Drilling and you can take off ( Hard ) top without removing too - heres a pic to give you an Idea . See post # 12
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75712

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cant say for sure as I have a hard top . It does tilt back by just removing two front nuts . My hard top can come right off without tilting though .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts