JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out today that either my axle housing or axle c is bent (front right) Can someone straighten this or am I looking for a new housing??

35" tires and no rock crawling.....just minor wheeling on dirt roads and daily driving

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
HOw did you find out it was bent, by really off camber alignment numbers?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to the alignment shop because it was drifting all over the road. While the tech was trying to align the right front tire he observed that the top of the tire was leaning into the Jeep. He also said my toe was way off as well. He figured either the tube was bent at the knuckle C or the C itself was bent.

Trying soon to see what the dealer will do.....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Axle housings (tubes) can be straightened, mine was. The C's on the other hand, that's a maybe. You can install adjustable ball joints to help with the negative camber, but not always the fix.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I went to the alignment shop because it was drifting all over the road. While the tech was trying to align the right front tire he observed that the top of the tire was leaning into the Jeep. He also said my toe was way off as well. He figured either the tube was bent at the knuckle C or the C itself was bent.

Trying soon to see what the dealer will do.....

More then likely, they will give you thee ole' "go fuck, we are not fixing shite"

Dealerships suck. They will deny almost everything for people w/ modifications based on that alone. :explode:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So just got back from the dealership from my second stop in.....one more to go...any way here is the update....

Drag link end at the pitman arm was pooched and the other end was well on its way....axle was not bent at all....last time I go to that shitty tire shop:flipoff:.....

the sway bar links were moved from rear to front as per my lift and those were worn out b/c the nuts backed off....(not warranty) Steering was substantially better but not perfect...

New steering box is on order and will be put in on monday. All except noted above is covered on warranty.....biggest surprise of my life....

If anyone is in Regina Saskatchewan and needs something, head to Crestview Chrysler :marcy:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just found out today that either my axle housing or axle c is bent (front right) Can someone straighten this or am I looking for a new housing??

35" tires and no rock crawling.....just minor wheeling on dirt roads and daily driving
Rock crawling in Saskatchewan...your a dirty liar! :thefinger:

Everyone knows you only have wheat fields there.

Good news on the warranty coverage.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
booooooooo....getting stabbed by my Canadian brother....boooooooo

we do have a couple of hills here that are kinda steep...:thefinger:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts