JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I am wanting to order another Rubicon, and want a Recon with half doors, however I want it in Anvil. I see that the color is discontinued, but was curious if there is any way to order colors other than their couple choices. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Like the title says, I am wanting to order another Rubicon, and want a Recon with half doors, however I want it in Anvil. I see that the color is discontinued, but was curious if there is any way to order colors other than their couple choices. I appreciate any help. Thanks.
Don't know if you are aware of this but Jeep discontinued the half doors for a good reason. I have the factory half doors on my 2012 JKU and I have to take them in every 4 months or so to get repainted because the vinyl top half rubs the paint off from vibration. It happened while under warranty so they cover it for life but just something to think about. It's a pain. I do love my half doors though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's weird. Today they said I could order half doors. Didn't even act odd when I mentioned them. I never plan on having the vynil windows on it anyways either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's weird. Today they said I could order half doors. Didn't even act odd when I mentioned them. I never plan on having the vynil windows on it anyways either.
My dealership told me that Jeep no longer offers them as an option on new jeeps but they are still available for order. That way they are not under warranty and it is buyer beware.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weird. Thanks for the tip though. It's available on their website too. I'll be sure to bring it up though. Really hoping I can order anvil. If not, rhino will have to do. I can always linex the whole thing anvil grey once the paint gets messed up. Keeping this thing for a very long time. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't think you can get a custom color from Jeep. I tried getting a Tank in 2016 (it was still an option on their website) but they wouldn't do it. Once the color has run its course it's no longer available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts