JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first jeep.
Its a JKU hardtop.

Looks like you can remove the 2 small sections and leave the larger rear section.

Can you reverse that?

I was wondering, can you remove the large rear section of top and safely leave the two smaller front panels on?

reminds me of a blazer I had once.

Just wondering, there is 8" of snow on the ground outside, don't think I'll be removing any tops any time soon.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I just got my first jeep.
Its a JKU hardtop.

Looks like you can remove the 2 small sections and leave the larger rear section.

Can you reverse that?

I was wondering, can you remove the large rear section of top and safely leave the two smaller front panels on?

reminds me of a blazer I had once.

Just wondering, there is 8" of snow on the ground outside, don't think I'll be removing any tops any time soon.
Yes just make sure you flip up the little spacers so you don't run the screw thought the top.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, just don't forget to fold down the rear spacer blocks on the freedom panels. You also will need to use the long screws to secure the rear of the freedom panels.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Yep...you can do it either way.

Best thing ( for me) is leaving the doors and rear hard-top off...while just having the front panels on....open air but keeps the direct sun off of you. Best of both worlds.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Its actually a very cool look.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
When I had my hard top..I would do just that..leave the front on...but I would put a towel under the rear of them so they wouldn't bang around.. I never screwed them down.

Drove on the highway at 80mph with no problems.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I do this all the time but Ive never had any issues with having to flip out the rear lock downs in order to prevent them from being over tightened, guess Ive gotten lucky so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts