JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 3inch lift but the ass is saging cause i gotta system can i put daystar 1 3/4inch poly spacers on top of lift springs in rear only not the front ???please help

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Yes. you can. 1.75" sounds like a lot of lift just to level though. I would take mesurments first. Do you know the differnce in height between the front and rear?

·
Registered
827 Posts
so i have a 3inch lift but the ass is saging cause i gotta system can i put daystar 1 3/4inch poly spacers on top of lift springs in rear only not the front ???please help
I just used 1 3/4 spacers on top of my 5 inch springs. I left the factory rubber isolator in the front and removed the rears. The front isolator is pretty thick! It sits slightly more level now. The four door really needed the extra height in the big rocks. I think it's a good idea to keep some rake if you are going pretty tall. It minimizes extreme drive shaft angles and you'll notice slightly better fuel economy with the rake. I say.....go for.;)

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think it's a good idea to keep some rake if you are going pretty tall. It minimizes extreme drive shaft angles and you'll notice slightly better fuel economy with the rake. I say.....go for.;)
I thought I was the only one that experienced this. I haven't seen or heard of any others mentioning this before. It seemed to make a pretty big difference I thought, even in the handling of the Jeep :confused: . After the initial lift it had a rake to it and all seemed ok. I installed a set of ACOS Pros up front and leveled it out, but then as you mentioned, the fuel economy seemed to suffer quite noticably and the handling didn't feel as good. It even almost felt like it had less power or that it took more power to take off from a dead stop. I re-adjusted the front height to sit about an inch lower than the rear and all is good now. Strange...

(*edit)
Oh, and to the OP, I have 4" coil springs front and rear with a pair of 2.5" BB spacers on the rear and a set ACOS Pros up front. Netting me a total of just over 7" of suspension lift.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I thought I was the only one that experienced this. I haven't seen or heard of any others mentioning this before. It seemed to make a pretty big difference I thought, even in the handling of the Jeep :confused: . After the initial lift it had a rake to it and all seemed ok. I installed a set of ACOS Pros up front and leveled it out, but then as you mentioned, the fuel economy seemed to suffer quite noticably and the handling didn't feel as good. It even almost felt like it had less power or that it took more power to take off from a dead stop. I re-adjusted the front height to sit about an inch lower than the rear and all is good now. Strange...

(*edit)
Oh, and to the OP, I have 4" coil springs front and rear with a pair of 2.5" BB spacers on the rear and a set ACOS Pros up front. Netting me a total of just over 7" of suspension lift.
I'm seriously considering the ACOS Pro system to solve my leveling problems. What do you think of them? Ease of install? Build quality? Etc.?
And, if you don't mind my asking, what did they run you? Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'm seriously considering the ACOS Pro system to solve my leveling problems. What do you think of them? Ease of install? Build quality? Etc.?
And, if you don't mind my asking, what did they run you? Thanks in advance. :D
I like them alot. Here is a link to my install write up:

Front Bumper & ACOS Pros Installed

They would seem to be of good quality, and I am very impressed with them. The gas charged bumpstop is a very nice feature as well.

I paid about $750 plus shipping for the Acos Pros directly from http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=ACOSPRO&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Coil_Spring.

You can get them without the gas charged bumpstops for $260 http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=ACOS&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Coil_Spring

·
Registered
900 Posts
I like them alot. Here is a link to my install write up:

Front Bumper & ACOS Pros Installed

They would seem to be of good quality, and I am very impressed with them. The gas charged bumpstop is a very nice feature as well.

I paid about $750 plus shipping for the Acos Pros directly from http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=ACOSPRO&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Coil_Spring.

You can get them without the gas charged bumpstops for $260 http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=ACOS&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Coil_Spring
What benefit do you get from the gas charged bump stops?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
back to original question i have 3"lift with 2 15's in back and big box i like bass anyways i have 35"mud grapplers and it just seems ass is sagin kinda low afraid during flexin i will rub back tires can i /should i put on daystar 1 3/4 spacers i have the kit its just pucks and trac bar ext brackets what do i do will it really effect driveline angles to much as well as gas

·
Registered
899 Posts
If your just trying to get back the height you lost then yes you can add a spacer. Get a spacer that is equal to the lost height plus the thickness of what spacer(s)/isolator(s) that are still above the coil spring.

I myself have a 2.5" Teraflex BB spacer on top of my rear coils, which are a 4" lift Teraflex coil. Soon to swap them out for a set of ACOS Pros.

·
Registered
899 Posts
FYI guys I think I can get you some slightly better pricing on JKS
Not to hi-jack the thread but I am interested. I called them earlier today to find out why thier rear bumpstop landings weren't compatible with aftermarket coils. Turns out they will work with the Teraflex rear coil beacause the shape of them are correct. Anyways, do I need to check your site (in your sig? didn't see them there) for what I am looking for? PM ya or what?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Interested in JKS adjustable coil over spacers

Thought I'd post here instead of opening a new thread.

Is anyone using JKS ACOS spacers front and rear for the JK. I would like to know the pros and cons from those of you that are using them.I have a Rubi Unlimited with RE's 4.5 long arm kit.

Thanks
RobV

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
hey scrogg - i just looked at your pics on the write-up on jeepsunlimited, and maybe you've already done this, but wanted to warn you to get longer sway bar links on the front. at that downward angle you've got the swaybar (b/c your links are too short), if you use the electric disconnect and then flex too far, the swaybar will fall downward and rotate forward, destroying your links.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts