JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hearing that Obama wants to ban all auto and semi autos would they be able to take away what we have already? Who knows where Hilary stands on this cause she can't seem answer a question, other than what she'd like for lunch.

My delimma is that I'm finally close to getting a cc permit and handgun. I like automatics but if they can be taken away I'd just go for the revolver. If I do a legal purchase before anything is proposed or passed I should be safe, right?

I'm sure there's a lot of info I don't have yet. Enlighten me please.
Steve

·
Registered
441 Posts
I suppose it's possible. However, Presidents don't make laws. Congress does that and I don't think it's really likely. That said, I could see more bills limiting usage. Unfortunately, it seems that the more law-abiding you try to be the more likely when things change that you'll lose what you have.

Do you have a link that supports what Obama wants to do? I haven't seen his policy on this topic, so I'd be curious to read it.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
here's what I found..
http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm
Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions

* Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
* Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
* Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

·
Registered
42 Posts
http://www.sportsmenforclinton.org/
http://www.sportsmenforobama.org/
Please check out these sites and others before you cast your vote.
If you think I'm a Bad Day just take a look at what will happen to your constitutional rights if one of these fine people become president. Remember the Bill of Rights did not give us rights, It just listed Rights considered so important, that our government was to be disallowed from infringement or regulation.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Never gonna' happen....

·
Registered
962 Posts
I wouldnt suggest they attempt to take mine away!
QFMFT! They would have a VERY hard time taking mine as well.
It's already happened, remember New Orleans? Law abiding citizens had their guns confiscated by order of the mayor. AFTER most of the cops left their post or just plain quit. Most of those people haven't got them back yet. Fortunately, OK passed a law soon after that so it could not happen here.
But, if a police state were ever declared, no telling how the existing laws would be twisted. I'm with you guys though, I would not lay down and give them up. The recent Supreme Court ruling on our right to keep and bear arms should keep the gun grabbers at bay....

·
Registered
630 Posts
THey have done it in a lot of major US cities. DC, San Francisco, New Orleans, and others.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I will gladly surrender my guns...

BULLETS FIRST!

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's not just gun grabbing Democrats you have to worry about. Let's not forget the Patriot Act! Our constitutional rights are being taken from us at a record pace. A wise man once said "anyone who would trade freedom for security is deserving of neither!"

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
here's what I found..
http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm
Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions

* Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
* Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
* Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
I found it interesting, reading that entire page, that this was one of only 2 out of 11 sections wehre his direct answers to questions/comments were not used. In every other section, Obama was quoted as saying what he said. Only on this one (and the subsequent one) did they paraphrase and use bullets.

I did not explore the source (I did see it was sourced), but it is curious that the accusation drawing the most ire is also the one paraphrased.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
10,249 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
After September 11, 2001, McKelvey and McCain, now joined by Lieberman, had a new angle to push gun control.

"Terrorists are exploiting the gun show loophole," AGS ads hyped. McCain and Lieberman hit the airwaves again in a series of radio and TV spots, thanks to McKelvey's multi-million dollar investment.

A Cox News Service article noted that, "The ads first focused on gun safety but switched to terrorism after Sept. 11. Americans for Gun Safety said the switch is legitimate."

However, Second Amendment expert Dave Kopel pointed out that, "the McCain-Lieberman bill is loaded with poison pills which would allow a single appointed official to prevent any gun show, anywhere in the United States from operating."

Ultimately, the anti-gun legislation was killed in the Congress and AGS fizzled out and disappeared altogether. The issues for which McKelvey spent over $10 million are still in play, however, and John McCain remains a supporter of those causes. In fact, as recently as 2004, McCain was able to force a vote on a gun show amendment.

In the post-Columbine and post-9/11 environments, the Second Amendment was under attack as never before. Pro-gun patriotic Americans who stood as a bulwark to keep the Congress from eviscerating the Constitution were dismayed to look across the battle lines only to see Senator McCain working with the enemy.

John McCain tried running for president in 2000 as an anti-gunner. This year it appears he is seeking to "come home" to the pro-gun community

1 - 17 of 17 Posts