JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten lost on what has been happening here. I have not been on any of the JK sites in a while. I have noticed that most of the people that were most helpfull to me have been on JKO not on the other site. If you don't mind can you fill me in. I did lose interest on the other side, maybe thats why all of you are here now. I think the toys for tots at hooters last year was my last visit. thanks.:beer:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
well you probably have opened the flood gates for all the stories.... Short and sweet... Most of us either got banned or got "warned" for reasons we do not agree with like posting pictures of a jeep that have "non-sponsor" parts, ect.

·
Premium Member
15,302 Posts
Quite a few people that used to frequent "Eddie's sandbox" wound up disgusted with the censorship type attitude that seemed to override that place. Many posts got deleted or edited and then posted again as to not rub the establishment the wrong way. Private messages were not so private and were also scrutinized. Write ups and suggestions were scrutinized regarding certain mention of "blacklisted vendors" and "other forums". Even trail ride info and certain pictures were being edited as to "questionable" content. Some people had gotten infractions or banned altogether for seemingly insignificant comments and suggestions as well. To the best of my knowledge that is a lot of it. Not saying that it is all true or not, but there are many here who have been on the receiving end of one or more of the situations described above. JMO

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your reponse's are what I assumed but was interested. The importance of the forum is open opinons. That give's me choices and an education. I have learned more on the fourm from experienced jeepers. Gives you great options then you can make a educated decision.

·
Premium Member
15,302 Posts
That's the way most of us here feel. When I mentioned Poly Performance over there, they sent me a "NO NO" notice and told me that (basically) I was lucky- That they should have/ could have simply deleted my entire post. Wow!

The messed up thing was that in the post, I wasn't even "pushing" or promoting the Poly stuff...I was simply talking about the product "in passing"...(This weekend I am looking forward to installing my Poly Performance tie rod....). Something like that. I felt like - What if I need some install assistance or info on this company (or other blacklisted vendors)...then I guess I'm SOL over here without getting a slap on the wrist. Totally not the type of environment I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I am a rare case...

I started on Jk-Forum and JKOwners at the same time, and have learned the do's and don'ts.

I co-exist peacefully with members on both sites, And don't give anyone a reason to ban me.

I like having options though, And each place has their pro's and con's.

I can see past the politics from the forum owners and remember that we are Jeep owners first, And that like any family, We will have our problems.

(I got my Flame Retardant Suit on, So let'er rip!)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I never would have guessed that laughing was a crime but some people cant stand seeing other folks having such a good time so , F-off JKF :thefinger:

So true...so true...and a few of those humorless tight azzes are here now...:stirthepot::shocked::laughing2:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I posted a thread that asked what different jeep sites people belonged to and visited and when I put the list of 6 or 8 sites on there, some of them were "adjusted" so, I just sent a PM to them and banned myself.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I could never really understand what you two saw in each other...BTW, why are you wearing a cap...you'rre not bald, are you?

:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:
Hey ! ponytail boy ! Doesn't mean if you shave the sides of your melon and wear a faux hawk looking Arrangement on top, you enjoy a full limit of Dustoff's hot linkage where the sun dont, cant and wont shine ? Correct me if i'm mistaken........................ "Oh" I Thought not !

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Eddie was also criticized in national media (I think it was Fourwheelin magazine) for badmouthing products that refused to pay him sponsorship money (Rubicon Express). The technical editor wrote a "not-so-nice" letter to Eddie about his censorship of the facts.

I was "almost" banned when the forum learned that I have a body shop. I do all of the warranty repair for the local Jeep dealership and was trying to inform the forum of the JK issues that have been popping up. Otherwise, 99% of my work is insurance repair and has nothing to do with the 4x4 market. I still got fined and received a warning that if I mentioned my shop again I would be banned.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Go ahead...mention your shop again...you really don't need to be amongst turds

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.