JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
V8 dreams
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally bit the bullet on some new headlights. Had seen Docs write up quite some time ago and these did very well. I also like the jw speaker but in the end they looked a little too radical for my jeep and I liked how you could customize these to your liking.

I still have not got them aimed just perfect, but they are close enough that my lazy ass may just leave them.

I had a friend help with the install so I didn't f anything up. Took us about an hour n a half.

I had been using my rigid duallys in the fog position of my bumper to see the road for over a year now. The stock headlights are just terrible. I, like other people, like to change stuff up every now n then and I've been wanting a skinnier more bare bones bumper....buuuut couldn't get rid of my fogs because I couldn't see. Well, now I can see everything, without fogs on, and can do whatever I want front bumper wise from here on out. Wish I'd done this upgrade long ago.

I will get video when it gets dark and I don't have family over. May try the go pro as the iPhone wouldn't focus.

Where we mounted ballasts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1409666838.435841.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1409666884.051399.jpg

Waa laa
ImageUploadedByAG Free1409666902.512301.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1409666928.528079.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1409666944.621754.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Looks good! Gotta love projectors!

Aiming rule of thumb - Position your Jeep about 25 feet on a level surface near a flat wall, measure and mark a line with some painters tape on that wall around 36 to 38 inches. (the typical height of a side view mirror on most passenger cars) Align both cut off lines past the "step" with that painters tape and each other. That should keep you from ever getting high beamed while keeping the light where you need it.

The reason I mention it, is because at first glance you appear to have the lights aimed way too high with that much foreground light and so much reflecting ahead of you.

Scroll down in my post and see the foreground on my setup after aiming, it's almost right in front of the bumper. http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2632097&postcount=23

·
V8 dreams
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank ya sir! i will try that as i didn't think i should see that much ground in front of me...haven't been brighted yet though lol

·
Jeepineer
1,495 Posts
Strangly enough, those look pretty good. What's the price point on them theses days?

My headlights blow, especially since I did away with the fogs.

·
V8 dreams
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Strangly enough, those look pretty good. What's the price point on them theses days?

My headlights blow, especially since I did away with the fogs.

Thanks, I went with one of the more simple looking shrouds IMO. He color matched it for me. I'm really pleased. I can't imagine not having my fogs and relying on the stock headlights!

Here's where I put my package together. He had em to me pretty quick and they were packaged up well.

http://hidprojectors.com/product.php?type=1

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am gonna get some more night pics and am gonna try to get a comparison next to my brothers jeep with stockers at some point
Thanks I do appreciate it.

For me I just need to see them first hand ("in real life"). Same reason I haven't pulled the trigger on Baja seats....I need to sit in them and maybe even drive a bit.

That said I'm sold on the look of these lights. Just need to see the function ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts