JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a set of wheels that only come in a 5 on 5.5 lug pattern. I can get some spacers that are 1.25" that will convert to this lug pattern but I'm worried that the tires will not clear well?
Should I just look at a different wheel?

I will be running a T-Flex 4"Long Arm with 17x9 trail gear beadlocks and 37" mt's on a unlimited.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yes you can run spacers, the minimum thickness would be 1" with lug stud trimming or 1.25 with no trimming. If the backside of the wheel is "pocketed" meaning recess' where your lug stugs can stick through a bit you wouldn't have to cut the tips off your lug studs however this is rare.

We can build you a set of 6061 T6 Billet wheel spacers to change your lug pattern and depending on what thickness is what dictates the cost.

I am currently running a 1" spacer on my JK because i borrowed a set of Beadlocks off my Trophy Truck in a 5 on 135 pattern.

Andy

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
You could go with a solid axle hub conversion kit which changes you to 5X5.5 front and rear. The nice thing is the front axle dont turn all the time. I love this kit in mine.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought about that, I would have to redrill my rotors though...Maybe when and if I change the whole axle with a Dynatrac 60 I'll pick up the wheels I really want.
Pro Comps are on sale 25% off right now...I might pick these up to get things going.
$5 Hundy and change for 5 wheels is hard to pass up right now!

You could go with a solid axle hub conversion kit which changes you to 5X5.5 front and rear. The nice thing is the front axle dont turn all the time. I love this kit in mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.