JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the info I have seen is it takes a 50" led light bar...will a 48" fit and not look dumb? If so is there a special bracket I need besides what comes standard with the 48" to compensate for the shorter bar?

Please help ;)

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Home depot has 1" spacers you could put on each side for the difference. They are in the hardware bins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This guy is selling 48" led light bars for $475.00!
Looks just like rigid brand but two inches smaller and $1,000.00 cheaper!

He said if anyone else wanted to order he could give a club discount!

Check them out --- plus thanks guys I think I'm going to buy it now if hardware is available at home depot ;)

iPhone URL:
60 LED LIGHT BAR 34" 180W Cheaper than Rigid Industries or Vision X 30 Jeep Ford

Browser URL:
60 LED LIGHT BAR 34" 180W Cheaper than Rigid Industries or Vision X 30 Jeep Ford

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Two inches will not make it look stupid. I would like to see how bright and what the quality is like compared to rigid.

Message spread by Paul Revere

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Contact info:
Mikhail Levinson
[email protected]

I tried to copy his link but it isn't working, if you tell him
Linda from Florida you belong to same jeep club he will give you a big discount.

The price went up however he has 50 " led light bars for $700.00 including shipping.

Differences I saw between rigid and this one:
The design does not have the screws every 10" but*waterproofing seals.*The product is rated IP67 which means that it can work under water for one hour if completely submerged.*As far as the circuit on the bar, if one LED goes out, only 4get damaged.

Rigid has the screws and 1 bulb only goes out if damaged.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I bet if you dig a little deeper, there will be more than just a couple reason's why they are that much cheaper than Rigid... Warranty, service etc... JMO

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
and if you continue to dig you'll realize that lightbars look fantastic smashed off low branches and trees...

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
and if you continue to dig you'll realize that lightbars look fantastic smashed off low branches and trees...
I used to think the same thing, but I was wrong.

Ive ran the Rigids into big branches and they didn't even get a scratch. I had a tree branch bounce off my Rigid, hit the windshield and shatter the window, with no damage to the light.

The 10" Rigid on my bumper gets plowed into rocks all the time; I just bend it back to readjust the beam and it works as normal. Ive done this so many times that I finally installed a new lens because the old one was so scratched up I thought it might effect performance.

Even though I rock crawl in the desert for half the year, I spend the other half in the heavily forested Sierras. Ive lost 3 windshields and lots of body damage from trees, but no light bars.......yet :D

I guess if you can shoot them, drown them, hit them with 2x4s and golf clubs, and drag them behind a speeding Jeep for miles they aren't going to care about moving a few tree branches out of the way.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I used to think the same thing, but I was wrong.

Ive ran the Rigids into big branches and they didn't even get a scratch. I had a tree branch bounce off my Rigid, hit the windshield and shatter the window, with no damage to the light.

The 10" Rigid on my bumper gets plowed into rocks all the time; I just bend it back to readjust the beam and it works as normal. Ive done this so many times that I finally installed a new lens because the old one was so scratched up I thought it might effect performance.

Even though I rock crawl in the desert for half the year, I spend the other half in the heavily forested Sierras. Ive lost 3 windshields and lots of body damage from trees, but no light bars.......yet :D

I guess if you can shoot them, drown them, hit them with 2x4s and golf clubs, and drag them behind a speeding Jeep for miles they aren't going to care about moving a few tree branches out of the way.
i was just giving the OP a hard time... this will probably ruffle a bunch of feathers but there was a discussion the other day over some beers about how LED light bars are the new ricer mod. how many guys really need them? probably no more than a handful of people doing KOH style wheeling.

·
Registered
997 Posts
i was just giving the OP a hard time... this will probably ruffle a bunch of feathers but there was a discussion the other day over some beers about how LED light bars are the new ricer mod. how many guys really need them? probably no more than a handful of people doing KOH style wheeling.
I love Rigid Lights and run them myself but I sort of agree here. The 50" light bars are excessive and excessively expensive. I can understand on pre runners.

If i was to run a light bar it'd probably be a traditional one with Dually's or D2's mounted to it. I think that would be amazing and bright enough. I do like their 10" bars and stuff on bumpers and fairleads.

-Dan

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
how many guys really need them? probably no more than a handful of people doing KOH style wheeling.
Very true.

I use my bumper-mounted 10" Rigid flood all the time for monthly night runs. I point it down towards the rocks and its easy to pick my way through and doesn't blind the rig in front of me.

I got the 50"er for running in the sand dunes, where that kind of illumination is pretty mandatory, but for everything else it is unnecessary and often unusable.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here's what one of those Knockoffs look like when making contact with a tree....

I think rigid makes the best as they use the best material. The one the op posted is almost identical to rigiid except for the cheap "glass" they use....rigid uses a really strong type of plexi

...but fuck are they expensive. Look into Phantomoffroad lights. Less expensive and quality is up there. jesse james is sponsored by them and has em on his trophy truck and it does really well in the middle of baja.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's what one of those Knockoffs look like when making contact with a tree....

I think rigid makes the best as they use the best material. The one the op posted is almost identical to rigiid except for the cheap "glass" they use....rigid uses a really strong type of plexi

...but fuck are they expensive. Look into Phantomoffroad lights. Less expensive and quality is up there. jesse james is sponsored by them and has em on his trophy truck and it does really well in the middle of baja.
I don't know if any of you have seen this but ill post it up anyways i thought this was an awesome video

LED Light Bar Torture Test - Rigid Industries - YouTube

1 - 20 of 25 Posts