JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
My current favorite spot is Berlin.

Nevada.

But I like just about anyplace. The things that make a campout less than favorable is too many people, sharing tent stakes, loud drunking idiots with no concern for anyone else, camping next to the road or worse... freeway.

Nasty pits are a drawback but I'd take them over drunking idiots. :thefinger:

I take tooo much.

Chiracauas, Arizona.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Mogollon Rim
We take our canoe
Fishing poles
Small tent (to be cozy)
Pistol

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
This is not my most favorite spot, but it is still a nice place and the only place I have a pic of my setup. South campground at Panguitch Lake in southern Utah.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Big Sur rules!! Did you hike to sykes hot springs? If not I highly suggest a trip back! Unless naked hippies scare you.. :D
Can't remember...hiked up one of the mountains with a couple small falls...mt. biked all over the place! Wish I had the JK then...was in a Yukon XL that year.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Best place I've ever camped was Big Sur, CA. Was awesome!

(for those who don't like tents)

Wow! those are beautiful pictures. We (family) loves camping but we also live in South Florida where nice spots are real hard to come by. Please give me more detailed info on the places those pictures were taken. We are heading west at least as far as Arizona and north to Wyoming in a few weeks and want to do some camping as well as trail riding. Wreath taking views.e'll be on the road for 2 weeks in our 2009 Rubicon Express and wanting to experience some breath taking views.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hatteras Island, NC
Ocracoke Island, NC
Core Banks Islands, NC

JK, full quiver of surfboards, ocean kayak, fishing poles, tent, other camping necessities and ALL provisions.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
I rarely camp with my jeep. Typically, if I'm camping, I'm backpacking it. I'm an ultralight backpacker - minimalist is a good term. I only pack what is a necessity and creature comforts be damned. That said, I camp in a hammock that weighs less than about 95% of the backpacking tents on the market - so I do get to at least rest comfortably.

Most of my spots are miles away from any vehicle access. Dont really have any pics cuz that's something I dont carry with me - a camera.

When Im camping in my jeep - I'm typically at a hippy festival. I take the camera when I hippy camp - cuz you never know what you'll see.

Sometimes though, we bring the bus....

You see a lotta wildlife when you camp w/ hippies...

The hippies really know how to get back to nature and just relax..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts