JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting what appears to be positive camber when driving forward and negative camber in reverse. If I pull into my drive way forward my tires look like this \ / . If I back in it looks like this / \ . I'm also getting more wear on the outside of front tires and also when I stop after driving awhile the outside half of my tire is hot to touch but not the inside half.

I thought camber couldn't be adjusted on our jeeps. All parts are fairly new. I bought the Jeep with these parts. Trying to figure things out.

Jeep has g2 core 44 front axle. RE HD tie rod. RE drag link. Coilovers. 40 inch tires.

Could it be toe and it just looks like camber. I'm confused as to how it could be camber without something being broken or bent but everything looks great, solid and it's all fairly new. Please someone educate me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked up how to check and adjust toe. Which is incredibly easy by the way. It was toed in a lot...by looking at the Jeep from the front it looked like I camber thing. Guess not. I adjusted the toe until I had just a bit of toe in. I read somewhere that is best. Is that what is recommended? The pinch bolt on my tie rod was fairly loose when I started this project. I wonder if that was causing my issue to begin with. I tightened everything up and went for a ride periodically stopping and taking some measurements. All stayed put. Also looking at the jeep from the front the tires look normal now. Did I just fix something on my Jeep or what? I'm trying to learn. I feel as though I accomplished something??

·
Registered
265 Posts
Camber is not adjustable on solid axles. Toe setting is in an 1/8 to 1/4 inch. There are many videos on how to set it. You should look at videos on how to check your front end.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that's why I was so confused. I figured it wasn't adjustable but it sure looked like camber was out visually.

I did end up looking up how to do the alignment and I have it toed in about 1/4 inch.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Camber is not adjustable on solid axles. Toe setting is in an 1/8 to 1/4 inch. There are many videos on how to set it. You should look at videos on how to check your front end.

Actually Camber can be adjusted on solid axles using camber shims

1 degree shim from Jegs
https://www.jegs.com/i/Specialty-Products/827/26014/10002/-1?CAWELAID=230006180003469093&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=44693592161&CATCI=pla-191844202151&CATARGETID=230006180039217633&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKCAjwsJ3ZBRBJEiwAtuvtlLUVBq3YCLRWpeHgpyLWw-1wEoJOdpYkLHlFwO-7pKcD8Sy8L16FehoCZIsQAvD_BwE

·
Registered
265 Posts
You can also get an adjustable ball joint that ford used. But in general there is no adjustments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts