JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I was going to be getting my 6" teraflex long arm kit with my tax returns but we need to move and need to get a house.

I am looking to get the most out of my RE 3.5" standard lift and 37's... how have you enhanced it? how do you wheel with it? disconnects? pictures of flex and what does your JK look like?

Thank you and i appreciate the help!

here are some flex shots:

Just sitting normal:

·
Registered
879 Posts
you could add a small body lift to help with flex. This will give you a little more up travel before hitting your fenders. Then you could cut down the bumpstops a little. Or remove your flares. If you have fender flare laws there, you cound go with flat fenders or Trail Mods.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking at the PSC steel fenders!

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
Buy a bag of zip ties and unbolt your stock sway bar links at the axle when you go out. Use the zip ties to keep the sway bar up and out of the way by going around the front body mounts near the grill. Cost = an 18MM socket, ratchet, and box end wrench.

I'd leave it just like it is. If you haven't had any issues yet you aren't going to so just repair and replace as needed. You've got a lift and 37s and it gets you from point A to point B.

You may need some extra money some day, and I'd rather have a safety net than Jeep parts with new twins.

:thankyou:

Marcus

·
Registered
357 Posts
Buy a bag of zip ties and unbolt your stock sway bar links at the axle when you go out. Use the zip ties to keep the sway bar up and out of the way by going around the front body mounts near the grill. Cost = an 18MM socket, ratchet, and box end wrench.

I'd leave it just like it is. If you haven't had any issues yet you aren't going to so just repair and replace as needed. You've got a lift and 37s and it gets you from point A to point B.

You may need some extra money some day, and I'd rather have a safety net than Jeep parts with new twins.

:thankyou:

Marcus
It's nice to see some sound advice that doesn't get a sale (and quite possibly the opposite) from a vendor. Kudos to you!:gluging:

He's right, it looks like you're setup and I'd just disconnect the front disco's and see how that treats you. It's when you start cutting bumpstops and switching to longer shocks (or moving the mounts higher on the axle) that you could possibly see issues arise (whether it's bottoming out your shocks or premature bushing failure)

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i wanna do flat fenders... psc.... for looks and functionality... I've never undone the sway bar links so pic and a walk through would be amazing!

sand Marcus we will have to talk product soon!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does anyone have pictures of their jk's with this lift and 37's? build lists? flex shots?

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump please!

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Cant you just look up 3.5" lifts with 37s? I am sure just using the search function and doing some reading will get you where you need to be.

But have started a thread about every other lift out there, I guess this will just round it out...

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And then an asshole needs to take a shit in the urinal! Thanks emg for you useless dribble! Don't know why you thought that comment in here was useful at all but I appreciate the fact that you tried to interact!

Sent via horse and buggy

·
Registered
357 Posts
yeah i wanna do flat fenders... psc.... for looks and functionality... I've never undone the sway bar links so pic and a walk through would be amazing!

sand Marcus we will have to talk product soon!
I know my 4.5" long arm has quick disconnects, so I'm guessing that yours would have something similar. If thats the case then just remove the cotter pins on the lower mounts and then zip tie/bungy them up to the frame rails. This should change your Jeep's offroad performance drastically.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no disconnects... this lift is as simple as they come...

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
I know my 4.5" long arm has quick disconnects, so I'm guessing that yours would have something similar. If thats the case then just remove the cotter pins on the lower mounts and then zip tie/bungy them up to the frame rails. This should change your Jeep's offroad performance drastically.
no disconnects... this lift is as simple as they come...

:gluging:

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol @ Marcus! I am going to try that trick out!!!

Sent via horse and buggy

·
Registered
427 Posts
just get a nice set of quick discos, one of the best mods you can do to maximize the flex out of your lift IMO. or if you want save $$, go with what marcus said. I have run the JKS, which are nice and the TF setup is nice because they come with a bracket to stow the link when disco'd

EDIT: Is that a CG plate I see? if so, good to see other coasties on here!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll be doing what Marcus said for the time being on the front until I get comfortable disconnecting them! I am being limited by the links though!

Sent via horse and buggy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.