JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Infectious Off-Road is having an Armed Forces Day run at Calico on Saturday, May 21st. As always, JKO friends and family are more than welcome to join us.

This will be a difficult and moderate run combined:
Moderate run will take the 3 mile bypass around gatekeeper and meet up at the top of gatekeeper to watch those that chose to run Gatekeeper tear up our Jeeps. A short distance into Doran, the difficult group will split and run up Scrambler Canyon while the moderate group continues on the standard route to the Bismark mine. Both groups will meet for lunch at the Bismark mine, possibly play on a couple of short bonus obstacles, and run together out Odessa Canyon.

To run the standard loop, you need at least 33" tires, rocker protection, and a locker. We prefer that you have 35" tires and both axles locked to run the difficult route.

For those of you who have been to Calico lots of times, I think the way Infectious Off-road runs it will be a new experience for you.

We will be meeting at the corner of Calico Road and Doran Drive at 9:00am.

Some are camping, others getting rooms in Barstow, and others just making a day trip out of it. Be mindful that the forecast calls for a chance of rain on Sunday. It will be in the 80s during the day and the low 50s at night.

Don't forget to bring plenty of water, a sack lunch, and a means of inflating/deflating your tires.

Map of meeting spot:

Map Line Slope Parallel Diagram

·
Registered
679 Posts
My boys and I are contemplating joining you guys for this run.

The family visited Calico Ghost Town 2 weeks ago, and I thought that there had to be some good wheelin' out in that area.

If we do join up, we'll be heading back up to Big Bear afterwards, so maybe, if there is interest, we can wheel a BB trail or two the next day.

:beer:

Ty....

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My boys and I are contemplating joining you guys for this run.

The family visited Calico Ghost Town 2 weeks ago, and I thought that there had to be some good wheelin' out in that area.

If we do join up, we'll be heading back up to Big Bear afterwards, so maybe, if there is interest, we can wheel a BB trail or two the next day.

Ty....
Definitely join us! You'll keep coming back, the canyon scenery is awesome and the trails are a lot better than BB. Its the perfect time right now too (before it gets too hot).

·
Registered
679 Posts
Definitely join us! You'll keep coming back, the canyon scenery is awesome and the trails are a lot better than BB. Its the perfect time right now too (before it gets too hot).
It seems like everything is pointing towards "go." The boss even said it was fine, and that she would watch the toddler all weekend :D so it looks good.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See you there Ty. We will be on Channel 4.

Looks like we have a very diverse group; from 33s and budget boost builds all the way up to comp buggies that have raced in KOH, and everything in between (including a couple full-size bigblocks on 44s that are going to try to squeeze through).

Great thing about Calico is that there is something for everyone, and the crazy stuff can be bypassed while you watch others destroy their junk.

See you tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts