JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna play at Calico on Sat the 6th. Come on out! Everyone is welcome! Lots of cool wheelin!

Meet at 9am --- Ghost town road exit off of I-15--- meet in Peggy Sues Resturant parking lot. (rt turn off the ramp, then quick left- yer there.)

Post up or meet me there! Stock to built- all OK if you are willing for a little challenge! Nobody left behind policy in effect!

Beautiful scenery, lots of mines, great rocks to wheel on, awesome canyons!:bounce:

760 964 5123 cell

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
I'm going to try to make this.

Sounds like a good time, other than the no one left behind policy, being in effect...

I'm really getting tired of Hundy being skeered that we'll leave him somewhere.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to try to make this.

Sounds like a good time, other than the no one left behind policy, being in effect...

I'm really getting tired of Hundy being skeered that we'll leave him somewhere.

:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

LOL! My tires are so big, now I am always afraid of breakin sumpthin!:beer:

Should be a good day- weather looks good, too.

·
Openly Hostile
6,982 Posts
We are talking our son to some winter wonderland thing in Newport on Saturday. Won be able to make it.

Mark - check out my thread for the 21st. Nightmare gulch and last chance canyon.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are talking our son to some winter wonderland thing in Newport on Saturday. Won be able to make it.

Mark - check out my thread for the 21st. Nightmare gulch and last chance canyon.

I think he would rather go wheelin!!!

I am going to try for Nightmare and Last chance----I have never been on those.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Hope you can make it. No wheelin for the little guy till he is much older. :D
Don't make me re-post the picture of my Daughter on Jack Hammer at seven months old :shaking:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Cool,we are in.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey mArk I might make this one what trails are you planning on running
Dont really have a plan--- just spend the day running Calico!

Depends on who shows up, and where you want to go. For sure will "take a look" at gatekeeper. Probably Odessa either up or down, and maybe west to the falls (Wall street canyon-I think) to check that out. But the plan is open to suggestions!:beer:
Probably will try to stay out of that tight twisty trail in the mud hills that connects the two main canyons! I got quite the wedgie in there--and that was before thr big tires!

Hope you can make it!

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've seen vids of that trail and it looked pretty knarly.

Any input on the level of difficulty?

BG- lots of different trails. I would say nothing tougher than John Bull--- right Dr. D? I think you will be fine. Hope you come out.

Looks like we'll have a good group!:bounce:

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
BG- lots of different trails. I would say nothing tougher than John Bull--- right Dr. D? I think you will be fine. Hope you come out.

Looks like we'll have a good group!:bounce:
i agree i have taken stock jeeps through doran and odessa it just takes longer in all honesty im all for taking my time and helping everyone thru an i am all for the no one left behind rule :)

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow- I have never seen it like that! Is that a couple 100 yards up from the end where you can look out down the canyon? Or where?

I also want to see the "Ledge" (I am claiming to be the only JK to EVER climb it). I dont like to bragg.... but yes, I am a BADDASS!:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:LOL! (see note)

I heard that the road was "fixed" and then washed out again? Dr. - Do you know the status on that spot?

note- Thats like when I "claimed" to be the first 4 dr JK ever to do Bronco Peak, only to learn that a group did it the weekend before we did! LOL:pissed:

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Wow- I have never seen it like that! Is that a couple 100 yards up from the end where you can look out down the canyon? Or where?

I also want to see the "Ledge" (I am claiming to be the only JK to EVER climb it). I dont like to bragg.... but yes, I am a BADDASS!:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:LOL! (see note)

I heard that the road was "fixed" and then washed out again? Dr. - Do you know the status on that spot?

note- Thats like when I "claimed" to be the first 4 dr JK ever to do Bronco Peak, only to learn that a group did it the weekend before we did! LOL:pissed:
i know BLM (butt licking monkeys) are continually stacking rocks at the ledge and it was really built up the last time i was out there the wall street washout before you even get to the overlook

1 - 20 of 55 Posts