JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an 07 JK. It has the stock Infinity speakers with a Pioneer head unit. Audio system works fine and sounds great. Was screwing around with removing the rear seat the other day and found this cable:

Anybody know what it's for?

·
Registered
15 Posts
There was an optional rear subwoofer unit that mounts in that area, so guessing that this is the cable for it. That or an aftermarket version of the same. The wire colors are right for speakers. I have an '08 with no subwoofer, but I don't know if this cable is present or not - will have to go look now I guess. The subwoofer location takes up some of the very valuable storage space behind the rear seat, so I think I would have been inclined to remove it if my Jeep had one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes if you have the Infinity speakers it came with a rear sub in the back. If they upgraded the deck without installing an interlink like iDatalink Maestro the factory amp doesn't work. Which means its using the head unit amp. 07-11 you don't get much from installing a Maestro. Newer years you want to retain some of the built in features like steering wheel controls, built in Bluetooth microphone, etc you will need a Maestro.

My guess is that if you wanted a rear factory sub it wouldn't work, but that is the plug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts