JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
I use the Bestop Trail Cover (covers the door areas too) and like it alot.

It came in ESPECIALLY handy Saturday afternoon at Jeep Beach! :beer:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
When someone uses the word HANDY !!

I LIKE IT !!!

Me like shit that's handy !!!
:spam:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I too have the bestop trail cover and it has been nothing short of pure awesomeness. It fits really great and keeps the JK totally dry. I have a lot of bestop products, they make good stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the Bestop cover for my TJ for a few years and it was great. 100% water proof and fit well. The elastic in the straps wore out after a few seasons but it still did it's job. I'd just recommend having a dowel or something to use as a prop in the middle so the water runs off rather than pools up and stresses the cover.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I had a smity for my TJ and it rotted apart in just a year. I've been using the BesTop on my JK for the past 4 years and it is still in great shape.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'd just recommend having a dowel or something to use as a prop in the middle so the water runs off rather than pools up and stresses the cover.
^^^^ Good idea there. The Mrs. was less than thrilled the other day when we went to take the top off after a torrential downpour and she was a little slow on her side and the accumulated water slid off the top in her direction.

Instant wet t-shirt contest. Worked for me! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have a Smitty trail cover on the TJ and Bestop on the JK.

110% reccomend the Bestop trail cover. The version I have requires the doors to be off for perfect fitment FYI. It is also important to perfect your folding skills if you have a soft-top installed.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Rain Gear should have a JK top out by now or close to it. You may want to call them and see how far out they are. They are WAY better. I had a Smitty on the Tj and it lasted almost a year. I have Raingears on all my Scramblers and one is over 4 years old, was worn during two hurricanes and is just now starting to rip at the corners. I am sold on them.

JeepCovers.com

·
Registered
606 Posts
The Jeep covers that don't provide full door coverage also don't come down enough to provide full coverage with half doors and no windows. Not much leakage at the doors, but some...

JPK

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had to Mopar on my TJ and it was adequate except in heavy rain. I have the Bestop for the JK and it's much thicker. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't fold up very well. the Mopar fit under the seat easily, the Bestop has to live behind the back seat.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The Jeep covers that don't provide full door coverage also don't come down enough to provide full coverage with half doors and no windows. Not much leakage at the doors, but some...

JPK
That is not the Jeep Covers brand is it? All my Jeep covers / Rain Gear brand cover very well but I do have one for a JK.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Will the Bestop cover work without taking the stock soft top down?

I have the doors off quite a bit but don't have the top down much.

Thanks!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Will the Bestop cover work without taking the stock soft top down?

I have the doors off quite a bit but don't have the top down much.

Thanks!
No, with the Bestop trail cover the top has to be down.

·
Registered
315 Posts
So now the question is...who's got the best price on it. I'm interested in one too. Since i got a hard top and its a pain to get it off and on, it would be nice to take the top off and doors off and just have this for unexpected rains and at night.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got the bestop trail cover and it is a pain in the arse to get on. It fits tight, i mean very tight but that's only in the back. The front fits loose and rides up the windshield when you try and snap in the back. Also, with the stock running boards, the straps on the door covering area are pretty much useless. As of right now, i'm not a huge fan. I had a rain gear cover on my TJ and i'd kill for on of those right now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts