JKOwners Forum banner

CA Legal AR-15

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  jkpirate 
#1 ·
Alright so looking to buy a neutered m4 :shaking::shaking: and wanted to know if anyone has gone about this, looking at Bushmasters site at this one http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_PCWA3X_14M4IZ.asp

So just had a couple of questions....

Is that one CA legal??
Been reading about something called Bullet Button that allows you to still have a removable mag. Can you still have a Pistol grip and collapsible stock if you are using the Bullet Button contraption??
Any other info would be nice :beer::beer:

#2 ·
I've looked into this myself, and what I found was that the bullet button is NOT DOJ approved... It seems like it is one of those things that kinda hits a grey area, and it MAY keep you from getting arrested when you show the officer that you need a tool to remove the clip, even thought the tool is a bullet. One of my friends just got an AR that has a pinned clip that you load from the top. It's still fun to shoot, just takes a bit more time to reload.

#3 ·
Thats what I was thinking, According to what I've read any type of removable mag is illegal with a pistol grip and collapsible stock... They are great to shoot, that why I wanted to get one :D:D

#6 ·
I got a WW2 M1 garand that my grandfather gave me, I just want a AR/M4

#7 ·
Ya just took a look at some of the Bushmaster AR-15's Ca legal models with the Top loading, not to bad, just hate the neutered look without the mag sticking out, but it still would be a fun gun to own and add to my collection.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.