JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a month ago my jk started flashing an airbag light if i was turning slightly left, i replaced the clockspring and that all went away except after my around the block test drive when i hit left steering lock to back into the driveway i got my Traction Control, BAS, and, ESP light up on the dash and o amount of turning the car on and off or disconnecting the battery will rid me of those lights. I was able to use a good scanner to check today and i found that it was throwing the c1240- steering angle sensor overtravel c123f-steering angle sensor comparative performance c1218-steering angle sensor erratic performance and c1230-steering angle sensor mounting/performance. I jacked up the front and i tried the left right dance with the steering wheel to no avail. i used the scanner to monitor steering position and i found the range to be from 717.6 degrees to -180 degrees with the number stopping at 717 before i hit steering lock. My understanding of it is that it should only be 0-720? I was wondering whether or not this seemed like a clockspring issue or just a coincidence with the replacement of that and i actually do need a steering position sensor? Any help is appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts