JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys...ive done some searching but havent seen a definitive thread about this. Im looking to buy a set of c-gussets and im stuck between teraflex and evo... the evo appear as if they would be more effective considering they wrap around but the teraflex gussets are thicker. Although the price difference isnt huge, i wouldnt mind saving around $40 to go with the terflex if they work just as well. What are your thoughts?

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seeing as how close they come to the ball joints would i have to remove them before welding these on? Thats the advantage to the teraflex, i can easily weld those without worrying to much about the ball joints since they dont come as close.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Or you can just replace your ball joints while doing this. I went with poly, did c gussets, truss, tube, and ball joints all at once

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or you can just replace your ball joints while doing this. I went with poly, did c gussets, truss, tube, and ball joints all at once
As nice as that would be id prefer to get some more out of the stock ball joints before dropping $200 on new ball joints.

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
Seeing as how close they come to the ball joints would i have to remove them before welding these on? Thats the advantage to the teraflex, i can easily weld those without worrying to much about the ball joints since they dont come as close.
Nope. You don't have to remove the stock ball joints while welding them in. I have those same Poly Performance gussets, and you just have to make sure to weld in short increments, making sure that the C doesn't get too hot on one side. Easy enough. :beer:

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Nope. You don't have to remove the stock ball joints while welding them in. I have those same Poly Performance gussets, and you just have to make sure to weld in short increments, making sure that the C doesn't get too hot on one side. Easy enough. :beer:
This ^ ..

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
My brother is in pemberton just up the road from you and has welded these for a rig here on JKO. He is a certified welder for the coast guard. He did the entire job without removing ball joints. He knows how to keep the metal cool and not damage them. Let me know if you want to talk with him

·
Registered
969 Posts
Any more thoughts on this? Leaning towards the Teraflex so I can paint all around it to prevent rust (constant humidity and rain down here). I would run the uppers and lowers in preparation for 35s.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
IMO from doing engineering, Evo provides better support for the entire Flanges as a whole. While TF only does the center. Spoke with my brother who has installed the Evo and he agrees Evo is better of the two

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Just a issue to look out for on the Synergy gussets. I put on the Artec gussets with my front axle armor kit. They look very similar to the Synergy design. Found that my springs were hitting the gussets. Had to notch them a bit to avoid interference.

Maybe someone who's put on the Synergy ones can comment. But the guy who helped me burn them in has done several sets and they all needed to be clearanced for the springs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts