JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Put the FU in FUN
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to remove the rubbing of my tires on the front body mount so I opted to relocate them.
I had the grill off already for the intercooler install so I took it a step further and pulled the rad support to have a look and see what it would take.
I used the nemesis thread as a guideline and decided to use a cut down old front sway bar link I had laying around. Added a bit of gusseting and it was ready.
Made a bracket to come off the body to meet the link.
Cut all the body mount and frame side junk off and burned it in.
Fits well, cleans up the front end a lot and I modified the grill to suit the new lines.
Happy with the outcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
That's cool, nice work! I wonder how a swaybar link end will hold up in this application? I guessing it would be fine cause it probably sees more stress as a swaybar link than a body mount.

·
JKO Dickhead
3,520 Posts
noooice !

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
That looks real clean. Nice work.

Is your front axle in the stock location?(It looks like it in the pics) Do you think it would be necessary for someone with an axle that had been moved forward 6"-7"?

·
I Put the FU in FUN
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm using the 3/4" LED lights in the flares as turn signals.
I don't know if a 6" stretch would need clearancing like this. I was hitting them with 37s in stock location so I cleared them for 40s.
Sway bar links should hold up fine. Bushings are easy to replace if they don't last.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice job. I plan on doing this when I cut off all the coil buckets and stretch the front. looks a lot cleaner!

·
Super Moderator
6,262 Posts
I wanted to remove the rubbing of my tires on the front body mount so I opted to relocate them.
I had the grill off already for the intercooler install so I took it a step further and pulled the rad support to have a look and see what it would take.
I used the nemesis thread as a guideline and decided to use a cut down old front sway bar link I had laying around. Added a bit of gusseting and it was ready.
Made a bracket to come off the body to meet the link.
Cut all the body mount and frame side junk off and burned it in.
Fits well, cleans up the front end a lot and I modified the grill to suit the new lines.
Happy with the outcome.
now that is ingenious & cool stuff, right there. Nicely executed after envisioning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts