JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Josh and I am 20 years old. I am looking for jeep wrangler x possibly 07- 08 and I would be very apreciated if you guys help me what I should look out for and which ones are reliable. I use to have 05 civic si with lots of mods. I use to go tracks alot but I crashed it:pissed: after that my friend got a jeep and i was VERY AMAZED what it can do!! after that I LOVE wrangers and I am looking forward to buy it. oh yea what is the major difference about getting automatic or manuel thank you!!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Hi my name is Josh and I am 20 years old. I am looking for jeep wrangler x possibly 07- 08 and I would be very apreciated if you guys help me what I should look out for and which ones are reliable. I use to have 05 civic si with lots of mods. I use to go tracks alot but I crashed it:pissed: after that my friend got a jeep and i was VERY AMAZED what it can do!! after that I LOVE wrangers and I am looking forward to buy it. oh yea what is the major difference about getting automatic or manuel thank you!!
Pick up a 2wd automatic. You'll thank yourself later. It's much cheaper to convert and modify a 2wd to a 4wd with beefy parts than it is to buy an X or Rubicon.

Pick up an automatic, you'll thank yourself again when you aren't having to work a clutch while climbing a hill. I've been wheeling since I was 2 weeks old and if I learned anything power steering, power breaks, and an automatic tranny are life savers.

I apologize you owned a Civic and modded it, I hope your balls grow back soon :)

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I love my Rubicon and I love my manual. However I'm one of those freaks that like some nostalgia when driving a "Jeep" (stick shift). I prefer the manual off-road, in town is a work out, but I love it and wouldn't take a free auto if it was offered to me.

How much you want to play, what year you're looking at, and how much you have to spend all go hand in hand.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Josh,
if you are getting used I would go with a 2008 (some bugs were worked out). Also, early 2007 came with a D35 in the rear (depending on model). If you are gettin a 2dr, the one thing I don't like about the 2007 is where the seatbelts were mounted, it makes it a pain to get into or get stuff in or out of the rear seat. Look underneath for scratches and dents. Try to find a cream puff that was never wheeled. Don't be afraid to buy new, Jeeps hold their value so you may not be saving as much money as you think. Especially, after you factor in the warranty. As far as stick vs auto - the war rages on. I personally, like the 6spd, slightly better gas mileage. The auto has an advantage in the mud. It is not advisable to shift the manual in mud, even though sometimes it can't be helped.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's not a real Jeep unless it's a manual. More control on or off road period. What are u thinking about...4 door or 2 door?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pick up a 2wd automatic. You'll thank yourself later. It's much cheaper to convert and modify a 2wd to a 4wd with beefy parts than it is to buy an X or Rubicon.

Pick up an automatic, you'll thank yourself again when you aren't having to work a clutch while climbing a hill. I've been wheeling since I was 2 weeks old and if I learned anything power steering, power breaks, and an automatic tranny are life savers.

I apologize you owned a Civic and modded it, I hope your balls grow back soon :)
haha yes i need to grow my balls back :) and im thinking of 2 doors because i really dont need 4 doors. and im looking to spend close to 20g including the tax probably 07-08 models. i love wranglers!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I'm old,and I've owned all types of 4x4's.I'm not saying I'm an expert but I have found that an auto trans just plain works better then a manual trans,JMHO.I find that the younger crowd most often then not,prefer the stick over an auto.I think it's a macho thing.I tend to go with what works best for me.Are ya more confused now? :smokin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm old,and I've owned all types of 4x4's.I'm not saying I'm an expert but I have found that an auto trans just plain works better then a manual trans,JMHO.I find that the younger crowd most often then not,prefer the stick over an auto.I think it's a macho thing.I tend to go with what works best for me.Are ya more confused now? :smokin:
i guess the younger people likes stick better then auto becaust its cool ;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
You can get a new 2009 X for less than $20K if you look. I lucked out back in April and got a new X with 23S package for $19K. If you want a Rubicon it will be significantly more $$$.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can get a new 2009 X for less than $20K if you look. I lucked out back in April and got a new X with 23S package for $19K. If you want a Rubicon it will be significantly more $$$.
holy crap! new 09 x with sport package for 19k???:bounce:

·
Registered
686 Posts
holy crap! new 09 x with sport package for 19k???:bounce:
Well ... $19,170 to be exact. Sticker was $24,170.

·
Registered
686 Posts
negotiate like crazy huh??
Nope. The day I decided to buy a wrangler the local dealer had it on their site as an Internet special. I called up to make sure they still had it and was there in 20 minutes signing the papers. I knew I wouldn't find a better deal. I think they knew the bankruptcy was coming and wanted to move inventory.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i guess the younger people likes stick better then auto becaust its cool ;)
No because the younger crowd still likes playing with their stick.
I went auto. Easier and alot more enjoyable off road.
Besides I ride a m/c with a jockey shift. When I drive I prefer an auto most of the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts