JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a few wranglers that are at or over the 100k mark and are automatics. Do they seem to hold up well past 100k or should I expect it to need work sometime soon? There are some good prices on the higher mileage JKUs but I dont want to waste my money if its going to need more money dumped into it just to keep it running.
Also, how much would I be looking at to replace or rebuild the tranny if it did need it?

I finally test drove a wrangler today (manual though) and I think im pretty much sold.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Honestly it's anyone's guess on a used vehicle with that many miles.
I haven't heard of any major transmission problems from normal wear and tear. But the exhaust manifolds are prone to cracking around then.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you lift a vehicle & install larger tires and don't regear, it is definitely harder on an automatic transmission vs. the stock tire/gear coombination. Couldn't comment on how well the auto in a JK holds up, tho-

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Look at any JK automatic pre 2012 and see if an auxiliary trans cooler has been installed. Aftermarket or the Mopar accessory cooler, doesn't matter. Good sign that trans hasn't been overcooked its entire life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts