JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Waiting on my lift in the mail and found a set of used tires wheels (35' 12X50 Mickey Thomson tires on 17in Nitto Bullet rims). Are these good (both on and off road)? BTW the tires are 4 months old. Thanks so much!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Mickey Thompson what? MTZ radials? ATZ radials? Baja Claw radials? What is the rim offset? backspace? Lifted Jeep? Stock Jeep?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THey are the ATZ's and I'm putting a 2" budget boost. I know it'll rub if do to much offroading but I'm gonna save up for some more lift asap. Not sure on the backspacing or anything...sorry

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
bullit wheels are for mustangs. :puke: personally not a fan... but it's your jeep.

what were these previously run on? and how much are they asking? only way to give an opinion on if they're worth it. :beer:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
The ATZ's have a 3 ply sidewall and a 6 ply tread, which is pretty good in terms of puncture resistance for an A/T tire. If you spend more time on the road and out of the mud, then this is not a bad tire imo. It certainly might disappoint you in thick mud, but that may not be something that you plan to do a lot of. I would personally rather have a set of more aggressive tires, but that's just me. Also curious as to the price you are paying, in terms of how good of a deal this is. I have never run these tires, so I have nothing good or bad to say about them personally, but they should balance well and ride smoothly.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies so far! they were run on a jk but the guy is selling alll the goodies before selling the jeep.... i plan to start wiith trails and i do do alot of road driving... the price is 800 bucks

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
ok... last question... when you say set... do you mean 4 or 5? cuz when thinking Jeep... to me that means 5 :confused:

either way... that's not a bad deal... would be a great deal if it's for 5.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i would have rather of had 5 but its only 4... my bad

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
yea i would have rather of had 5 but its only 4... my bad

ok... well as StubEXrube mentioned... these are great for on road driving but not in thick mud. not to say you couldn't do it... just rather you wouldn't be fully satisfied if you want this kind of characteristic. but you mentioned you do a lot of on road driving... so these would be a good fit for you.

do the breakdown...

35"x17x12.5 Mickey ATZ tires go for $252.99ea on quadratec (x4 = $1011.96)
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92606_3XX_A_PG.htm

and i'm guessing the bullit wheels are somewhere around $150? (x4 = $600)

that puts you at $1611.96. so you'd be getting them for half the price at 4 months old.

pretty sweet deal. even if the wheels are 100 bucks a pop... you'd still be looking at $1411.96. still a sweet deal. :smokin:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks so much!!! ok now i feel better about this... i love this forum

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
BTW- You might ask the previous owner how many miles are actually on them, rather than looking at it as "4 months". He may have racked up some serious miles although doubtful. Don't ever buy "sight unseen".

Also consider spending some coin to get a front bumper and winch with these tires.....just in case you find yourself in some deep mud with no other Jeeps around. Hell....see if this guy wants to sell you a winch too while you're at it. :smokin:

Best of luck man. :beer:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea theres no listiing on milage but i will def do that when we meet up... once again thanks for all the advise

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok one more question! talked to the guy and were gonna swap wheels for a bit of a discount... will 35's fit on my stock x if i stay on the road until i get the lift???

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
ok one more question! talked to the guy and were gonna swap wheels for a bit of a discount... will 35's fit on my stock x if i stay on the road until i get the lift???
seen it done :D but you wont want anything to do with hard cornering or offroad.

so how many miles on those suckers?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hell no! It would be like putting a size 12 foot in a size 10 shoe , sure it will go in but wont be worth a dayum.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
awesome... i havent asked but will do... sorry for knowing nothing but will they bolt right on or will i need spacers or anything?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
o didnt see gunny's...now im confused

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
there is a guy in the Destin area that ran 35s with no lift. not sure what the backspacing was.

hmmmm.... judas is a member here... i believe he did the same... i'll shoot him a pm and get him to chime in.

in regards to gunny. you're correct they'll be useless but the OP plans on putting a budget boost on. he's looking to get the wheels and tires home for now. he should be able to do so.

klutz1001... get us the backspacing

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
talked to HER and she says she doesnt know the milage or backspacing there only a couple months old tho...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts