JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy says it's new in box. I'm gonna power it on before we exchange money. What should happen when I power it on? I just want to make sure it's not already paired to another Jeep.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
try and do a quick tune on your jeep if it works he has reset it to stock and your good to go.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never had a tuner before, don't I need to update first?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
naw youll be fine if he returned it to stock on his jeep first. Once you get it home you can do the updates and get some of the extras they offer on the superchips website. There simple as shit to operate just follow the onscreen instructions and youll be set.

For what it worth i only update mine about every 6 months or if i return it to stock for what ever reason.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won't be picking it up in my jeep, I'll be driving a 140 or so miles, so I'll be taking my buddy's 4cylinder civic to pick it up. Any other way to tell if it's locked?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Have him hook it up to his Jeep and return it to stock

·
Registered
399 Posts
If the seller still has his jeep, you can plug it in and it will say STOCK on the main screen if it has been "unlocked". If it says locked to VIN, then it can be unlocked right then.
:beer:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it run on batteries or does it need to be charged first or does it get it's juice from the Jeep?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got it!! Registered and updated w/Superchips website, did the 91 octane tune, adjusted my wheel size (WTF my brand new KM2 35x12.5x15 measure 33.50 inches tall!???!!!?) anyways, just put about 150miles on it on twisty mountain roads and a long 60 mile stretch of hwy. Lovin it!!
Now, how do I turn off the tpms? It only let's me lower the threshold to 25psi??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts