power windows/locks
soft top
full doors
17" alloy wheels
3.21 gears from what I can tell
no fogs
28K miles

It was listed for $20991 online.

My truck is 05 Dodge QC 4.7V8 84K miles, salvage title due to theft recovery. Got them to $6500 trade (rough NADA 7800, pretty damn good on trade)

I got them to $18,988 drive out.

Buy it or keep shopping? The issue is my trade in. Its FS for $8500 with a couple emails.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I have 08 X with S pkg but mine is a Auto 3:73 gears, I wouldn't buy it because with 3:21 you will be putting out $$$ for a re-gear soon. Especially if want to do 35's. Look for a stock Rubicon that has not been wheeled to death, you will be better off. If you like to empty every pocket buy the X.

·
Registered
16 Posts
keep shopping, i got an 07 unlimited x with hard top, fogs, tow package, power package for 18995

theres better deals out there, thier prices are up high because summer is near

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good call. Is there any way to find out for sure by using the VIN?

I've got an 08 Unlimited X with the S package, adding to my arsenal. We have 33s, 3.73s, auto on it. Going to 35s on it.

I'm not willing to pay the $$ for a Rubicon. I didn't want to spend $19K on one at all. Thats why I walked. I actually walked 4 times. LOL They kept making it sweeter so I kept letting them talk.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
keep shopping, i got an 07 unlimited x with hard top, fogs, tow package, power package for 18995

theres better deals out there, thier prices are up high because summer is near
Drive out?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i say don't buy it i bought mine about a year ago it is a 08 x and had those options but only 6k miles i got it for 18,500 with tax and license.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man these things must be higher around here then. All of them with less than 40-50K miles on them are listed at over $20K.

Maybe I should just keep the truck and keep working on Lucy. Hrmm.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Walk

Stuff like this keeps telling me how good a deal I got. I got my 09 X, base everything for 17,000 out the door. I didnt really care there wernt any options because I new I was replacing the wheels and tires, and didnt really care about the power options. I wouldnt buy I used X for anything close to that.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man these deals are crazy! I you look at auto trader and use 78748 as the zip you'd e amazed. The prices are higher than giraffe *****!

05 and 06 TJ rubicons are going for 17-20k. Well listed for that anyway. I'm going to start shopping new ones and see what I come up with.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Doesn't matter who you ask, they'll all seem to have paid less. My advice is if you find a Jeep you like, buy it! Don't worry about what anyone else thinks, it's your money... That being said, your price seems high for a used jeep with no mods. But, different areas of the country have different prices for Jeeps...

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have 08 X with S pkg but mine is a Auto 3:73 gears, I wouldn't buy it because with 3:21 you will be putting out $$$ for a re-gear soon.
Agreed. I have 3.21, and have gone to 33s... I can drive on the roads ok, but can't keep speed up hills. On the trails I can use 4hi, but to get any wheel spin (for mud/snow), I have to go to 4lo.

At some point I want to get 35s, but I know I don't have the gears for 35s...

Suggestion... find something with lower gears...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm in agreeance (is that not a word?) with LSUjeepguy. I have looked nationwide and yeah, there are some better deals out there, but they aren't in my neck of the woods.

The other thing is the fact that my truck has a salvage title and these guys are giving me more than payoff for it. I didn't expect that at all and I'm going to have to sit around waiting for someone with cash to buy it, then go through all the troubles with the bank and paying it off 3 hours drive away.

I'm not sure what I'll do, it might not be this one in particular, but I don't think the other prices are realistic for my area. What a shame. :(

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Agreed. I have 3.21, and have gone to 33s... I can drive on the roads ok, but can't keep speed up hills. On the trails I can use 4hi, but to get any wheel spin (for mud/snow), I have to go to 4lo.

At some point I want to get 35s, but I know I don't have the gears for 35s...

Suggestion... find something with lower gears...
I know about the gears and all that jazz. We have an unlimited now that has auto/3.73s with 33s and I'm not happy with it 100%. 35s really sucked. But I can regear in Houston for $850.

·
Registered
443 Posts
And.. you never know. Maybe someone is looking for a Jeep "just like the one" you traded in? That would deffinately fetch a higher price and the time of the year!! Glad you got what you wanted, good luck with the mods!! :beer:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Man these things must be higher around here then. All of them with less than 40-50K miles on them are listed at over $20K.

Maybe I should just keep the truck and keep working on Lucy. Hrmm.

If you want comparisons look for them in the Indy/Chicago area, spring is here and you can't touch anything under 50k miles for less than 22k and thats in stock form and maybe a smokers ride. And they won't budge on pricing round here right now.

I found looking on autotrader and ebay that the best deals seem to be in TX, FL and East Coast. In fact I am actually taking a drive this weekend I hope to pick up a JK in PA.

Price around and that will tell you if it is a good deal or not. To find out the gearing and other info take the last 8 of the VIN and go here:

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/

Do the "About My Vehicle" in the upper left and request a build sheet. Just tell them it's yours or you can't put the VIN in. You'll get a reply quick. Or have the dealer get a build sheet. I was looking at one and I thought it had 3.21s and I was pleasantly surprised to find it had 4.10s and a limited slip.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you want comparisons look for them in the Indy/Chicago area, spring is here and you can't touch anything under 50k miles for less than 22k and thats in stock form and maybe a smokers ride. And they won't budge on pricing round here right now.

I found looking on autotrader and ebay that the best deals seem to be in TX, FL and East Coast. In fact I am actually taking a drive this weekend I hope to pick up a JK in PA.

Price around and that will tell you if it is a good deal or not. To find out the gearing and other info take the last 8 of the VIN and go here:

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/

Do the "About My Vehicle" in the upper left and request a build sheet. Just tell them it's yours or you can't put the VIN in. You'll get a reply quick. Or have the dealer get a build sheet. I was looking at one and I thought it had 3.21s and I was pleasantly surprised to find it had 4.10s and a limited slip.

Good luck.
I REALLY appreciate this! I can't get it to work for me though, keeps saying "vehicle not found". Dammit! LOL I'll request one from the sales guru.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The only way to know if its a great deal is to do all the research and compare it to others in your area. I can come on here and say I found a better deal but that doesnt mean that the same deal is available in TX.

In fact, I had to take an overnight train and a 10 hour drive back to buy my JK that I found on craigslist. Did I get a good deal on it? Yes. Was it because of a certain situation that allowed me to get this deal? Yes.

Do what you want, compare it to others, be patient, and get the Jeep YOU want. You are the one spending your money. :beer:

·
Registered
481 Posts
I REALLY appreciate this! I can't get it to work for me though, keeps saying "vehicle not found". Dammit! LOL I'll request one from the sales guru.
Hmm maybe you have the wrong last 8? But yes the salesman should be able to give you a build sheet. I found it very helpful in making my decision.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts