JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Busted my stock steering stabilizer, well bent it and it's leaking so must go. (yes I need to invest in more skids. )

I'll be installing my RE 3.5 kit in a week or so and might as well fix this while I'm under there....

I've seen some aftermarket stabilizers, and some kits that relocate it...

So what do you use? recommend?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
not sure about relocating mine yet, but I busted my stock stabilizer and just bought a $39 Skyjacker replacement at 4wheel parts. It's bigger, so you have to tilt it lower so it clears all the way left and right when you turn your wheels. For the price it's an easy replacement.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I have a Fox steering stabilizer and it is great. Because it is pressurized it pushes the steering very slightly to the left, but this countered by the road camber 95% of the time.

Which stabilizer you get, flipping it over the tie rod is a good idea.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I have a Fox steering stabilizer and it is great. Because it is pressurized it pushes the steering very slightly to the left, but this countered by the road camber 95% of the time.

Which stabilizer you get, flipping it over the tie rod is a good idea.
Don't forget that the stabilizer internal pressure is easily adjustable if you are getting any pushing sensation.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Don't forget that the stabilizer internal pressure is easily adjustable if you are getting any pushing sensation.
Good point. Mine is actually about right and keeps the vehicle tracking straight when on camber.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Is Poly looking at coming out with a kit any time soon?
You already have everything you need except the stabilizer. There is a hole for a bolt on the front track bar bracket, and you just need to loosen the u-bolts on the tie rod bracket and move it and flip it upwards.

However, I better bracket for the tie rod would be great and I'm sure is on the horizon.

A

·
0 Posts
You already have everything you need except the stabilizer. There is a hole for a bolt on the front track bar bracket, and you just need to loosen the u-bolts on the tie rod bracket and move it and flip it upwards.

However, I better bracket for the tie rod would be great and I'm sure is on the horizon.
I’ll order a Fox stabilizer from you in a couple of weeks Phil. Maybe Poly has a Bata bracket for the tie-rod I can test ;)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts