JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I “persuaded” her that we “needed” a new rear bumper so she let me order one today :smokin:. I promised (lying through my teeth :devil:) that I was done for a while :innocent:

So then… when I got home from work the UPS truck showed up with Goddies (off road lights) and she caught me smuggling them to the garage. Again I promise we needed the stuff and that I was done for a while ;)

So… Not 15 minutes later the fawking Fed Ex truck showed up with a big box of tools and supplies I’d ordered from Harbor Freight. Obviously I got busted again :pissed:

Think I should try for sex tonight? NOT going to happen!! but I have some goodies to play with, a close second :laughing::laughing:

I really am done for a while or I could become the first Jeep owing sexless monk :bawling:

·
Registered
140 Posts
It's all in the timing, I know what days my wife works and how long it takes from 4wd parts to my door. You just need to order on the right day! The best is when your timing is so good that your wife work, it's trash day and UPS shows up. WOOHOOO Out of the box and box at the end of the driveway!

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
:D :D :D

I've given up trying to hide stuff, and now just accept the inevitable ear bending I'm going to get and that I'm one step nearer to the poor house ;)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
O man... is this what I am in for? I already feel the pain..... a rediculous amount of money for this diamond ring thing when that money could damn near complete what I want to do to the Jeep! :bawling:

·
Registered
792 Posts
bigjerm is right. I think back to before I was married...more money than sense. Now my money is just cents.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
One thing I can definitely say about my wife...she gets "the Jeep thing". Whenever the UPS guy shows up, she just says "He comes the Jeep fairy". She calls my Jeep "Mr. Potato Head" because you can take parts of it off and put it back together. :shaking:

·
Registered
749 Posts
All Box's gets burned & paperwork gets shreaded,...I left the paper work in my console one time & she had to dig for something & found it,:bawling: (Thumb in Mouth like a Little Boy)...never again...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Nothing like dipping your wick in your ol' lady's cesspool of sin to make her forget about all those unnecessary goody purchases.:innocent:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Or you could just have it shipped to work!!!:D

I think either UPS or Fed Ex came everyday last week! :bounce:
This is what I do.And you need to find a good hiding spot in the garage or leave it at work.

BTW,Jeremy,you better finish the Jeep b4 you take the plunge,just don't tell her I said that.;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The thing is she works in Phoenix and commutes from Denver so she is normally out of town all week. I just messed up because I didn’t know she was working from home this week :(

I still have some shackle mounts and a bunch of oil filters scheduled for delivery this week. I’ll have to be a little stealthier and not bolt for the door when I see the UPS truck this time.

Actually she’s good and doesn’t care that much unless I make a mess of the checking account (i.e. leave it negative) :smokin:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
BTW,Jeremy,you better finish the Jeep b4 you take the plunge,just don't tell her I said that.;)
right now it hasnt been to hard. I got some of the stuff for free so really the biggest purchase I have made is the $300 on a winch. BUT now everything I want is a "big" purchase... complete lift, rear bumper w/tire carrier, axles, fender flares, gears, 37's..... O man and we are moving in together soon. Guess ill spend a lot of lonely nights on here

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I wonder how I'm going to explain the 50' garage. :grinpimp:

Santa left it for me, really.....

How about....

Ok so there it was sitting on the side of the road and in search of a friend so took it in. I was feeling generous at the time.

Would you beleive I met this Genie and got 3 wishes. I wished for stunning good looks and hung like a horse and a garage.

The dog thinks I look good.

Too bad I didn't specify as I didn't realize there was dwarf, midget, miniature ponies.

Oh well the garage will be a nice place to live for a while.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I wonder how I'm going to explain the 50' garage. :grinpimp:

Santa left it for me, really.....

How about....

Ok so there it was sitting on the side of the road and in search of a friend so took it in. I was feeling generous at the time.

Would you beleive I met this Genie and got 3 wishes. I wished for stunning good looks and hung like a horse and a garage.

The dog thinks I look good.

Too bad I didn't specify as I didn't realize there was dwarf, midget, miniature ponies.

Oh well the garage will be a nice place to live for a while.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
That's easy, you make it sound like you're not happy in the marriage and you need time apart. You have a 50ft garage built with wood burning stove insulated and speaker wire ran all over with a lift installed in the concrete floor. Then in the corner you put a cot. You say since we're going through this I'm having a garage built for me to stay in. Then when it's done you give it a few days, come back in the house and say lets give it another shot. :D She'll be so happy she'll forget about the garage, then you get a downer look on your face, aaahhhhhh sh*t I just had that garage built, (pause) I guess I'll just park the jeep in there. At least we're back together....

Now plan B if you go up to the door after a week in the garage and it's locked?:bawling: Sorry I can't help you there, :smokin: but look in the bright side the nights will be getting warm soon!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dude the UPS (or Fed Ex if I have to) guys have only come down this road and delivered to me. Since September I have never seen anyone else get anything delivered. It's not like I am watching but usually the time frame they deliver we are out doing afternoon chores. The good part is some of the stuff is for the family the rest split equally three ways between stuff the wife ordered, stuff I ordered, and stuff for the buisness. The bad part is the stuff for the family and wife never gets anything said about it. If it has my name or the buisness name on it I get the third degree about it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the double whammy of the wife having a TJ and I have the JK. So whatever I do to mine I have to do to hers. Luckily, there are plenty of used parts to use on hers...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts