JKOwners Forum banner

What Bumper Combo Should the H3ATH3N Buy?

• R-SE Front and Rear

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • AEV Front and Rear (Wait)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • AEV Front and E1 Rear

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • ARB Front and E1 Rear

Votes: 6 27.3%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I have been trying to make a decision about my front and rear bumper selection over the last couple of months, and now I am even more unsure... or am I.

I am leaning towards the R-SE front and rear solution. I would like your opinions on the R-SE front bumper and rear bumper system.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
just a thought, if you ever plan or think u may trim your stock or get other narrower flares I wouldnt get that front bumper, but it is a nice mean looking bumper

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Well,

I have been trying to make a decision about my front and rear bumper selection over the last couple of months, and now I am even more unsure... or am I.

I am leaning towards the R-SE front and rear solution. I would like your opinions on the R-SE front bumper and rear bumper system.
Great idea give me the money and I wiil decide for you. If you have it go with the RSE. Really looks good.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just a thought, if you ever plan or think u may trim your stock or get other narrower flares I wouldnt get that front bumper, but it is a nice mean looking bumper
Good thought, but I do not intend to trim my flares. I am also looking for input on what to do with the stock fogs/wiring if I do go down this path. I am thinking PIAA 520 floods in the bumper and spots on the windshield. :shocked:

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I like the AEV alot better than the other one. The R-SE looks HUGE and it weighs like 50lbs more. 120lb bumper??? :thefinger:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Since it's your money I'm spending, I would go with the RSE front & rear. :D:D The finish looks a lot better than the plastic on the AEV, making it look a lot tougher.

More than I am willing (or able) to spend on mine, though. Maybe I'll hit the Powerball this week and not have to worry about that anymore, and just get what I like.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I would go with the R-SE front if you want a full-width bumper. If you ever choose to go mid-width or stubby then your choices really open up.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!

Good input so far. What would you guys/gals do with the stock fogs/wiring? Any ideas on how to utilize this existing factory lighting? I was thinking reroute the wiring and use them as reverse lamps? Any members ever installed the R-SE bumpers? :beer:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the AEV alot better than the other one. The R-SE looks HUGE and it weighs like 50lbs more. 120lb bumper??? :thefinger:
True true... Add a 12k powerplant to that! There goes my lift. :thefinger:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I'd like to see that RSE front bumper. All the pics and links so far listed have been blocked here at work.

I'd probably echo the "go LoD" remark above, though.

I picked up the Smittybuilt rear w/ tire carrier from Bond & Outlaw Offroad for $600 + shipping. I'll get the LoD stubby w/ stinger soon. That's my bumper input for ya.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
rawk the R-SE front and rear. no one really has these and they're BADASS :smokin::smokin:
if i was a full width fan that's what i would run on my rig fo sho :beer:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rawk the R-SE front and rear. no one really has these and they're BADASS :smokin::smokin:
if i was a full width fan that's what i would run on my rig fo sho :beer:
So let it be written. So let it be done! :D

Any thoughts about the stock fogs? :idea:

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
i really like how the rear bumper incorporates the opening along with the tailgate. wish they made a stubby version. :bawling:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well...

I am still in KY, but I found some time to snap a couple pics of the new front end.

I like it a lot. I will try to get some better pictures this weekend. After seeing the fit and finish on this bumper, I have decided to completely sell out on the AEV product line. :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I say ARB Front and E1 Rear

I really dislike the the R-SE tire carrier as it looks like it would rattle, I hate the AEV plastic look but even more I hate the cans. I second the weight comment for the front R-SE because after winch you will be punishing your front end a good bit.

I am also very bias because I like Stubby Bumpers better but if you want a full bumper I would suggest the LOD, Terraflex, or M.O.R.E.

the best rear bumper I like the FAB FOUR but they are to proud of it ($$$$$$)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts