JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been narrowing down what bumper will work best in my application & use, and I've narrowed it down to a few that have full protection (non-stuby) and utilize the factory driving lights/addition of lights integrated into the bumper. ARB, Fab Fours, Woods, and a few others are down to the final choices for the redrockruby. Must have winch mount/front receiver application, and have hidden winch approach(not exposed to the elements while driving). I've seen pics of the ARB in use, proto of the Woods, and magazine photo's of the Fab Fours in the rubicon. Anybody using a Fab Four Lifestyles bumper with or without brush guard? I like the addition of lights on the Fab four integrated so no damage on low lights. All replies welcome

·
Registered
351 Posts
One more suggestion is the Teraflex Rockguard Epic Front Bumper. I am super pleased with this solid bumper. I am not sure if it has the extensions to make it a "non-stuby" though? This bumper has a deep section built in it for a winch to mount and not block the entire front of the Jeep. I am adding a Warn Powerplant and it fits in like a glove. Whatever you choose, good luck with it. :)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I'm runnin the ARB deluxe on the front of my JK, the lights are recessed, it has a winch plate built into it, and has a spot for a roller under the front, and its solid.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I ran the ARB bumper on my Rubi and bought it again for my Sahara & highly reccommend it if you want a full width bumper. I saw the fab fours in person a couple months ago and it is just a little too large IMO. AEV also makes a nice full width bumper.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ARB is nice as it uses the original driving lights integrated into the bumper, and does a great job of shielding the winch from the elements. Its still hard to believe the original front bumper is 40lbs, vs an after market in the 100lb+ range, but the original is majority plastic. Then add on a winch, shazaam, now I see why a lift and spacers may be needed, depending on ride height.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. I like the look of the stubbies, but need full protection from all the other road warriors out there.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've never seen the Expedition One-looks nice, has full protection, winch capabilities, & license plate bracket(unless you crafted that one).

·
Registered
660 Posts
I had similar peramiters to you. Non stubby but less coverage than stock, touch, not weigh a ton, use original factory fogs, winch capability & I wanted a stinger type coverage and didn't want to spend 1,000 for a piece of steel - I won't have my winch in until Friday but here's one on a stock photo (last).

I chose the Olympic Bora front. Looks great and gives all the above.

stock photo

with winch

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I noticed you didn't mention recovery points. (Where are the points on the Olympic?) You're not going to be able to get both recessed winch and front receiver on the same bumper as they both go in the same place. That being said, MBRP is coming out with one that'll fit the bill any day now.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I noticed you didn't mention recovery points. (Where are the points on the Olympic?) You're not going to be able to get both recessed winch and front receiver on the same bumper as they both go in the same place. That being said, MBRP is coming out with one that'll fit the bill any day now.
Well since the OP didn't mention "recovery points" I felt no need to add to his post. He did state winch or (hence the /) receiver.

·
Registered
660 Posts
When installing an aftermarket bumper, are there any airbag/collision sensors in the bumper, or just in the seats?
Front collision air-bag activators are integrated with the bumpers. EDITED to read: air-bag sensors are apparently beneath the seats.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
When installing an aftermarket bumper, are there any airbag/collision sensors in the bumper, or just in the seats?
nope, none in the bumper

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fab Four Lifestyle w/brush guard

and the winner is......oh yea, Fab Four Lifestyle winch bumper w/brush guard. Now for the warn winch. Endurance 12.0?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts