JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like transfer case linkage clips, buffeting hoods, unlocking a locked seatbelt retractor or any of the other simple DIY fixes that can be done permanently with hard parts or in short order for emergencies with duct tape, safety wire, etc.
I figured there'd be a sticky with similar content but I have no idea what to search for...
Does such a list exist?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha. I'm looking for one answer, but I know there are more questions about more subjects than I'm currently concerned about asking. All the expensive HD axles and belly armor means squat when a ten cent part takes you out of commission.

My concern was for the plastic bit on the t-case shifter that breaks. I found a tech write-up here and was wondering if there was a sticky for all the cheap fixes. By cheap, I mean, all the corners that Jeep cut that cost us time and money and for which we, as owners, could remedy with our own DIY ingenuity.

I know of the handbrake plastic bit breaking, too, but I have no personal knowledge of it so, I guess that's another for the list of fixes.

The thoughts that would go through my mind if some cheap POS part broke or malfunctioned while I was out in the boonies and I had no idea where to look for the problem, let alone a solution that I should not have had to encounter and for which I may not have been prepared, would not be pleasant thoughts of brotherly love and understanding. 🤬

I coulda sworn we had such a thread...

·
V8 dreams
3,567 Posts
When i replaced that little plastic bushing i could not believe they actually used that shit lol. Since i live in AR, we zip-tied the fuck out of it...suck it, jeep

1 - 4 of 4 Posts