JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. Im new here and just purchased a 2012 Black Sahara. I love it. This is my second Jeep. So im looking at parts for it and i love the cow catcher/bull bars. I also like the look of the stock bumper though. Ive seen the aftermarket bull bars that mount with the stock bumper, but anyone have any advice? i read that it weighs down the front to much. I need some input =) i would like an all black one. So far ive only found one with a black skid plate. its by blackhorse. but also cant find anywhere to buy. im just looking for some input from others. Also what do you guys think of the aries 1050 grill guard?
thanks in advance,
Jason

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Planning on going through a lot of brush or just want to look like every family SUV out there? Give us an idea of how you plan to use your jeep and we can point you in the right direction.

Until then.....

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Bull bars do more damage (to your vehicle) than any good if you hit something. They are paper thin and could probably knock the crap out of a tumble weed...that's about all they are good for.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Whats wrong with bull bars????

:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:
They look like that. It's the right height to be awesome at deflecting the neighborhood kid's basketball in the road however.

My point exactly :shaking:

But it's lowered? With chrome? ...but it's got a bull bar so it's lifted? I'm confused.

To elaborate on the original post, it's fairly clear why they don't offer many. They aren't popular. As far as a bull bar "weighing down the front", it's like comparing an aluminum bat on the bumper versus a "real" bumper that goes from 50 pounds on up to about 100 pounds PLUS most run a 100 pound winch. A ten pound "stuffed animal bull bar" far from weighing anything down.

Looking at the picture, usually the first thing Jeep owners want to do is increase ground clearance, this dramatically reduces it with something that'll dent if you look at while upset. That added surface area reduces the approach angle as well as being dead in the line of fire when off road.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I've long called bull bars 'damage multipliers'.....

Because if you hit something with one, it will bend backwards and fuck up everything in its path, instead of just the bumper.

They are a dumb idea.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.