JKOwners Forum banner

built a yj

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  terrahawk 
#1 ·
One of my buddies decided he wanted to wheel with us so he asked me if i could build him something. I as usual said sure and asked about his budget. at this point he told me he could spend 8k on it, all in , including purchasing the base vehicle............oh and we were planning a big statewide run in about a month.

we started ordering parts for a vehicle we dident even have yet
, but i did have a set of scout d44 axles...........so

4.88 gears, and install kits
a pair of detroits
and cromo shafts f/r
37 inch IROK's and steel wheels
ballistic weld on beadlocks
suspension seats
5 pt harnesses
a rough country 2.5 lift kit for a yj
a pile of stuff from 12 volt guy
and an assload of 1.5/.120wall dom

now we just needed a rig to get to work on.............

after a few days looking we found a clean, rust free 1990 yj, rio grande edition for 2 grand....great

not so great, driving home the transfer case spit out the chain and the trans started making all sorts of horible noises in fifth gear.........turns out neither had any fluid.

anyhow we got it home, stripped it of its inerior , suspension and axles and got busy. at this point about a week had gone by and we had 3 weeks to git er done.....

and my folks house burnt down.......
......kinda ****ed up our plans.........i was there 20hrs a day for a week helping them

so here is a video of the next two weeks:thefinger:............can you say thrash

See less See more
#5 ·
That thing is tough as nails....and Timmay drives it like he stole it. All he has to do is point it and press the gas.. the rig does the rest. I remember Geo was working on the thing the day of the day of the Trees run, ya'll made it up there in the middle of the night and slept in the truck.. then he wheeled the chit out of that thing. Too bad Ugly Betty was in a bad mood...

Timmay!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.