JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I am looking for a rack that I can mount to my roll cage. Are there any options that are pretty quick to put on and take off? I really don't want to mount a permanent rack for the occasional trip. For now I'm just using towels and tie downs, but before I hit the interstate I'd like something more secure. Could you please post pic's of any solutions you have found?

Here's my completed project. This is the first one I designed and built all by myself.....I'm kind of proud of how it turned out.

Davesrb

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Been a carpenter some 30 years or so, I dont think I could have pulled that one off, I think I would buy a $300 colman plastic one, and hang that one in the living room. Verry nice job, That being said now go put a long arm lift on your jeep!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been a carpenter some 30 years or so, I dont think I could have pulled that one off, I think I would buy a $300 colman plastic one, and hang that one in the living room. Verry nice job, That being said now go put a long arm lift on your jeep!

Ya know, I always get a kick out of this. What ever you do for a living is usually the last thing you'll do for relaxation. I have a decorative concrete/ commercial coatings company. Every room in my house is wood. A carpenter would never dream of building a wooden boat as a FUN project. My mechanic's daily driver is falling apart, 'cause the last thing he wants to do on a weekend is work on a car.

Yeah, I'm finally getting started on my Jeep build, but only because it has been moved up on my priorities list because my job will be taking me to Belize for 6 months at a time. Otherwise, these 10 AK kit's and old Remington Rolling Block's would be seeing my $$'s and time.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Jeep, but I've got 2 older Jeep's and an MB, so having the JK stock hasn't been a hardship.

Davesrb

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
That's incredible. :beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts