JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

About a year and a half ago I posted on here about my intention to drive the Pan-American Highway, from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska on the coast of the Arctic Ocean to Ushuaia in the Province of Tierra del Fuego, Argentina - the southernmost city in the world and closest to Antarctica.

At the time, I was finalizing my choice of vehicle to make the journey. Ultimately, I purchased a 2013 JKUR and after much research I began to order and install a wide variety of mods to make my JK expedition ready.

I must confess, and apologize, that I have been derelict in posting the process and progress of my build. That said, this thread will bring those interested up to speed on the status of my build and expedition planning.

So, stay tuned and I will bring you up to speed! :)

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
subscribed!!! sounds like a trip I would love to do. I'm planning to go from Key west to Anchorage and back!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look me up when you hit Whitehorse YT, Canada (you have to pass through it). Would love to buy you a beer, and introduce you to a buddy of mine who spent 2 years doing the same trip (3-4 years ago?) in a TJ.

A couple of his sites that you might find interesting.
http://theroadchoseme.com/
http://wikioverland.org/
I'll try to look you up when I come through, remind me when you see that I'm a few days away. A cold beer and new friends is always a good thing! I've seen Dan's websites before (but thanks, I'm always open to info) and corresponded with him once or twice several months ago. It would be great to meet him as well.

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
I'll try to look you up when I come through, remind me when you see that I'm a few days away. A cold beer and new friends is always a good thing! I've seen Dan's websites before (but thanks, I'm always open to info) and corresponded with him once or twice several months ago. It would be great to meet him as well.
Great guy. Spent the day wheeling with him today. Like I said... look us up if/when you make it up here. If I remember (I'll subscribe to this thread), I'll msg you when you're closeish. What sort of time frame are you thinking for your trip?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking for a departure from Syracuse, NY sometime in April. I'll spend a couple of weeks getting to Prudhoe Bay, AK. Trying to schedule it so I miss the last of Alaskan winter's wrath.

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
Looking for a departure from Syracuse, NY sometime in April. I'll spend a couple of weeks getting to Prudhoe Bay, AK. Trying to schedule it so I miss the last of Alaskan winter's wrath.
Good luck with that... Not sure about Alaska, but our "summer/spring" can vary anywhere from early mid April (like last summer), to late May (like the last few years). Hopefully we get another summer like last year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts