JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go. New JKU Sport . Wholly unremarkable shade of black. 6 Speed. 3.73. - that's it. I got 482 in the first week.

First mod. I need to carry some bikes. So on goes the RR trailer hitch. About $60.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here it is.

The rack folds down. But not enough to open the tailgate.

So, do I modify the bike rack? I could cut the post and drill new holes to support the rack. Seems like I could, maybe weaken the rack. Don't want it busting on me and spilling my bikes all over the road.
Better get a taller spare tire mount, right??

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm hearing water noises behind the dash on startup. Sloshing and dripping and gurgling.
For about ten minutes after startup, in first gear and neutral while revving engine.
Maybe the heat exchanger in the dash?

· Registered
648 Posts
The rack folds down. But not enough to open the tailgate.

So, do I modify the bike rack? I could cut the post and drill new holes to support the rack. Seems like I could, maybe weaken the rack. Don't want it busting on me and spilling my bikes all over the road.
Better get a taller spare tire mount, right??
Just get a hitch extension. It's what I did. Like this one.

· Registered
1,740 Posts
Time for a new aftermarket bumper w/ tire carrier! The tire carrier portion of my LoD is height adjustable, to allow for about 3-4" of travel to allow for bigger tires. Lowest setting puts my 35" tire a little above the hitch. Highest seting puts it well above. I am sure other tire carriers have similar options.

Or, you could just go with the hitch extension, but what fun would that be? :thefinger:

Congrats on the new Jeep.

AMP

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This just moved in down the block. Sahara, leather , auto, dealer installed lift and these Crusher tires.

Just look at it - all polished up and shiny. I bet it'll never get dirty.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took off the windshield bumpers.
Automotive exterior Water Car Vehicle Floor

1/2 hole covers from HD. Now gotta paint them black.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.