JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I've had my Rough Country spacers installed for a few weeks now. No squeeks. Everything is tight and the factory spring isolators are sandwiched between the springs and the spacers. I just checked everything out today and everything is great.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've been running a FT spacer kit for about a month and a half or so now. No noises intially, but a couple days ago I started getting this humming/rubbing/clicking action going on. Drove me f'n nuts until I finally noticed that the front bumpstop extensions are sitting right next to the coils now. I opted not to install the front t-bar relocation bracket as I've read it caused more probs than it cured, so the rubbing is my bad.

This isn't exactly what you asked about, but I figured I'd throw it out there in case you run into it. I plan on just dumping the bumpstop extensions until I can get an extended track bar to fix things........still won't use the bracket they sent me :shaking: .

·
Registered
314 Posts
Rubicon Express 2" no noise. Had it on for about 10,000 miles

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Rough Country 2.5" BB. No noises or problems. The spacers are metal and use the stock rubber isolators. Rubber seems quieter than poly, but there are specific lubes for poly that won't break down the plastics.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
no noises on my 2" FT. added a 3/4" spacer with the front as well, and it's been problem-free for about 16K. :D

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I just installed my SkyJacker 2" BB and i am running into a rear brake line problem...

When it's on the lift, The SS brake lines are too short to re-connect to the stock location. On the ground, It's fine.

My question is, Does anyone have any trouble with articulation and the brake lines with this kit?

Skyjacker JK20

Thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
792 Posts
teraflex 2.5". In for a year and no noise or issues.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would get or make some bracket rolacators for thos rear brake lines. That should take care of the problem. Brake lines should not be tight at full flex.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I would get or make some bracket rolacators for thos rear brake lines. That should take care of the problem. Brake lines should not be tight at full flex.
I ordered some Crown Stainless lines to replace the stockers... I should be good to go up to 6" lift now! :laughing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts