JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted BRTech about a lexan hood and it turns out they're the company that made fourplyn's. Barbara emailed me saying that they are now available for sale. $350 for clear, $450 for red, blue, yellow, and smoke. I think you'd have to call to place the order.

Big thanks to fourplyn for getting this thing set up.

Pictures courtesy of fourplyn and BRTech Racing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
You could wire up some strobes or neon in the engine compartment, and cruise the local mall.
Oh ......... wait. This isn't the NOPI thread.

Never mind.

AMP

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I can tell you what you can and cannot do.. I can tell you that the underhood temps don't make a bit of difference with this material..I've had test panels under my stock hood now for months...and zero warpage.

Seeing how someone jumped the gun and is offering these now to everyone with out the obvious questions answered first.

-Washer locator's.

-Underhood bracing..sense this hood sags in the middle.

-Front hood lock mounting bracket.

-You have to figure out the hood latch, and hinge mounting holes.

-Option's for colors other than what they provide. Which I have.

Sense I'm the dealer for these..if you want to know more about the product and how tough they are...pm me.

I just wanted to have all basis covered first...before I started selling them. Doesn't make much sense to get everyone all worked up over something that they will be disappointing in if certain bugs aren't worked out first.:beer:

These are the items that I've been working on all year long.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
I can tell you what you can and cannot do.. I can tell you that the underhood temps don't make a bit of difference with this material..I've had test panels under my stock hood now for months...and zero warpage.

Seeing how someone jumped the gun and is offering these now to everyone with out the obvious questions answered first.

-Washer locator's.

-Underhood bracing..sense this hood sags in the middle.

-Front hood lock mounting bracket.

-You have to figure out the hood latch, and hinge mounting holes.

-Option's for colors other than what they provide. Which I have.

Sense I'm the dealer for these..if you want to know more about the product and how tough they are...pm me.

I just wanted to have all basis covered first...before I started selling them. Doesn't make much sense to get everyone all worked up over something that they will be disappointing in if certain bugs aren't worked out first.:beer:

These are the items that I've been working on all year long.
Yeah I was wondering what happened when I saw this thread.

So the 1st tree or boulder you rub against and it grenades...

No thanks.
hmmm.. I have rubbed doors, fenders, rails, tire carrier, and just about anything else that hangs off my rig... except my hood.. I think you would have bigger things to worry about than if you damaged the hood.. How do you think the Pepsi Can metal of the stock hood is gonna hold up.. Love bugs dent the damn thing. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.