JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law went on a hunt up in B.C. and got these two amazing animals.

They were out for about a week, 130 miles from the nearest town and rode horseback everywhere. The rest of the pictures are amazing, but these are the important ones!

This guy scored high on the Boone & Crockett. I don't know the details at the moment.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Wow, thats a way up there.

Not much in that area except bears, mosquitoes and bear shit. And I guess a few big moose and caribou.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice trophies.

Usually they cut the head and meat off so its easier for the horses to carry.
They packed everything out including the hides, heads, and all meat. The innards were left there where they were field dressed I suppose.

The moose was shot within about 150 yards of their satellite camp and it lured a pack of wolves in to their camp. He mentioned that the wolves were far larger than anything he'd ever imagined.

Since we are in Texas, all of the meat save for the backstrap, was donated to the local meat markets. He brought home hides and heads and they are at the taxidermist now.

My favorite part of the whole thing is my 5 year old nephew's disappointment that the entire moose was not going to be mounted and kept in their living room. He expressed his disgust to his mom and said "Daddy has been gone this whole time and all he's bringing back is a couple of heads!?" LMAO!

·
Registered
435 Posts
My favorite part of the whole thing is my 5 year old nephew's disappointment that the entire moose was not going to be mounted and kept in their living room. He expressed his disgust to his mom and said "Daddy has been gone this whole time and all he's bringing back is a couple of heads!?" LMAO!
Spoken like a true, Texas hunter. LMAO!

That would be a trip to remember in BC, but this deer season is going to be a good one from what I've seen in South Texas so far. I can't justify a trip like that when we have it soooo good in this neck of the woods.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spoken like a true, Texas hunter. LMAO!

That would be a trip to remember in BC, but this deer season is going to be a good one from what I've seen in South Texas so far. I can't justify a trip like that when we have it soooo good in this neck of the woods.
I agree! My father in law is on 10K acres between Kenedy and Goliad. I got a nice 10 point last Thanksgiving. Plus two huge hogs. The wife sipped wine and bitched the whole time.

I have more photos but they are on Facebook and a royal PITA to pull down and then put up on photobucket. But for you guys? I'll work on that tonight. :beer:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts