JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We camped all weekend down there- just got home- I'll post some details and pics later after my nap.:thefinger:

BP is no joke- awesome trail!

Pics soon!!!:beer:

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be on vacation for the next few weeks, but I definitely will go back soon. Its worth the trip. We liked the campground, too. I'd wait till it cools down a bit- it was alot of 'work' and it was hot out. Sweaty and dirty!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Yeah a serious nap is in order. What a weekend! I couldn't make it passed the first obstacle without getting winched so I didn't go. I went wheeling around by myself for several hours and then I bumped into everybody on the last few miles of the trail via another trail. That trail is no joke. 10 times harder than John Bull!
FYI Jason: no one had open diffs. You MIGHT make it though. Really Really hard trail.
I bent my rear driveshaft and had to drive home with front only :shaking:

:bender:

·
Openly Hostile
6,982 Posts
Yeah a serious nap is in order. What a weekend! I couldn't make it passed the first obstacle without getting winched so I didn't go. I went wheeling around by myself for several hours and then I bumped into everybody on the last few miles of the trail via another trail. That trail is no joke. 10 times harder than John Bull!
FYI Jason: no one had open diffs. You MIGHT make it though. Really Really hard trail.
I bent my rear driveshaft and had to drive home with front only :shaking:

:bender:
I don't have open diffs, I have a rubicon too! :thefinger:

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We decided to take 86s down past the Salton Sea then east to Julian, then so to I-8. Not the best choice! It was hot. Not regular hot. Hotter. 117 degrees hot. BTW- the JK a/c stops working around 112.

We got to the campground at about 5pm, after a long hot drive down. We liked the campground- not crowded, shady, right next the the trailhead. Had a racoon hanging around fri nite was kinda cool. Woods came out and camped with us, and Billy Goat showed up early the next morning.

We met up with AdamORW in the morning for the run. He had his whole crew with him and we were glad he did. All good peeps. Thanks to all the guys for all the help! And for showing us your awesome trail!

We ended up with about 12? rigs on the run. Adam's crew had some very nicely built rigs- all were very capable.

Billy was entertaining as usual! I am thinking about changing his name to Bronco Billy (Goat)!!! DO NOT TELL HIM THAT HE CANNOT MAKE IT! Unless you want to see him GO FOR IT!

Woods had a month to install his winch for this run but....thats right....he installed it at the trailhead 15 minutes before we went wheelin'! And needed it about 10 minutes after that!!! It works.

The trail is very challenging and FUN! Lots of different lines to choose--- usually none that are easy. You know its a great trail when you have been on the trail for about 3 hours, and you can still see your camp about 1/4 mi away!

We all left with respect for BP. Really had a great time!

Michelle took lots of pics- here they come.

Did I mention that I was the FIRST 4 dr JK EVER to make it???:bounce::D:D

Woods was the first 'silver' JK to make it!

Had a BLAST, and i am glad to be HOME!!! It wore me out!:beer:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts