JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Camp Friday night
Wheel and Camp Sat.
Head home Sunday (I'm sure some folks can be talked into more wheelin on Sunday)

Who's in? (copy the list, add yourself and post)
- Team Woods

·
Registered
947 Posts
I would love to come! Got to find a camper with a/c and bath room like the size of Mark's little rig.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Brett,

Strange how the universe works. Jessica looked at me last night and said: "let's go camping Aug 1 - 3." So, what's the details on the camping out there? Tents? Potties? Fires? Tequila?

:grinpimp: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Camp Friday night
Wheel and Camp Sat.
Head home Sunday (I'm sure some folks can be talked into more wheelin on Sunday)

Who's in? (copy the list, add yourself and post)
- Team Woods
Ohhhhhhh it sounds soooo fun! Only if we had a camper.....maybe we'll find someone to trade Richard's old truck for a camper......hummmm:D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
We're heading up to my sister's in the central valley that weekend. Looks like your gloves are gonna stay here for awhile...:D

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brett,

Strange how the universe works. Jessica looked at me last night and said: "let's go camping Aug 1 - 3." So, what's the details on the camping out there? Tents? Potties? Fires? Tequila?

:grinpimp: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
Will have to check on the fires.

Here's a link with details CORRAL CANYON CAMPGROUND

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would love to come! Got to find a camper with a/c and bath room like the size of Mark's little rig.
That is not camping.

BTW, average high temp this time of year is only 85.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Openly Hostile
6,982 Posts
Gnarly? As in you would run it or not? :grinpimp: Yeah, I watched some of the YouTube videos... uh, damn... if Michele doesn't go, maybe I'll ride with Hundy. :smokin:
I have been wanting to do this trail for a while...but my wife's birthday is the 1st and I plan on spending the weekend with her like a good husband. I was hoping to get this one in before my son is born but thats not gonna happen. SOOOO you guys learn all the good lines and I'll follow you through it next year. :beer: Oh, and take plenty of non-poser pics.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey guys,
I just contacted Richard Tull, the head ranger at Corral canyon. I had to leave him a message but I will get all the current details for camping, fires, ect. As far as the trail goes, its a good one. Body damage is probable, bumper, slider, diff cover, tie rod, gas tank damage WILL happen. I live about a half an hour from buckman springs exit and 45mins from the trail head, so I use bronco peak as a test ground for all my mods. I have run this trail many times, day and night, and it changes every time. Not to scare anybody but Bronco Peak is not for your pretty mall crawler.

My suggested requirements:
A minium of 35 in tires.

A the very least a rear locker. open front and rear will result in all your buddies being very pissed off at you and quite possibly broken axle shafts.
(note) broken axle shafts result in very pissed off wife. The trail is "do-able" with one locker but we will refer you to by passes when avaible.

PROTECTION, rock sliders are Required, you will use them a number of times to pass certin sections that DO NOT have bypasses.
Front and rear steel bumpers, your stock plastic ones will work if your goal is an excuse to get new ones.
Gas Tank Skid Plate, Oil Pan Skid if you dont have them you may need to buy new ones.

Be sure to bring lots of water and to leave the beer at camp. Snacks and lunch is always a good idea.

Sun Screen and bug repelant

All your trail tools...a jack that can lift your Jeep (not your stock one) and a tool that can take your rims off.

and a good attitude ;)

after saying all that. I cant freakin wait!:D
I will post up what Richard tells me as soon as he returns my call. Any questions feel free to ask.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
R U Skeered?

:shaking:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts