JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out playing around yesterday and I went to shift out of 4 lo back into 4 hi and the transfer case shifter linkage cable came of off the transfer case linkage on the side if the transfer case. The seems to be a plastic clip or something that broke that holds the eye on the end of the cable to the linkage. Needless to say, I was underneath in the sand and mud to figure this all out because the t-case was stuck in neutral! I got it to barely stay on enough to get it back into 2-hi to get home but by the time I got home it fell off again. I will be taking it to stealership today or tomorrow because it only has 3600 miles on it. Has this ever happened to anyone else??

·
Registered
329 Posts
yup, mine did it also. I carry a big screwdriver with me now so I can switch it manually from underneath if it happens again. Dealer fixed mine without incident even with my Treks skids on :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called dealer and they said they would fix it no problem! I just hope it doesn't do it again, maybe I will carry a big screwdriver also, maybe that will keep me from burning blisters on my hand from the exhaust(again)!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took it to dealer and it took them 8 hours to figure out that they have to order the shift cable from Detroit and they may have it in 5-7 days, we'll see! Oh well, at least we can still drive it, just no 4WD. :bawling:

·
Registered
649 Posts
I took it to dealer and it took them 8 hours to figure out that they have to order the shift cable from Detroit and they may have it in 5-7 days, we'll see! Oh well, at least we can still drive it, just no 4WD. :bawling:
This is typical at the stealership. I've dropped mine off with an appointment and was told flat out, we do all the oil changes and tire rotations first and then we'll take a look at your vehicle. I hate those Muther Phuckers!!!!! As for the Linkage, yeah that's happened to me as well. My friend did quick fix NR, and it works better than it ever has.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, finally got my shifter cable replaced last Friday, seems to work fine now, we will see if it lasts!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts